Badd_man

Aug 5, 2002
My kickstarter apparently is stuck. I dunno what happened, was just riding and the bike died on me. I thought it was gas and then proceeded to fill the tank up with unleaded gas, all I could find on the walk home. Then the kickstarter problem.

Anyone?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
If you expect anyone to help you'd better post more info than that.

cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
it just died and now the kick start wont turn over? sounds like it blew up. to make sure its not the kick starter remove the ignition cover and see if the flywheel will rotate. if it dosnt then i would guess something is wrong and its not the kick start.

Badd_man

Aug 5, 2002
yeah to take off the crank case looks like a job and a hlaf, i'm gonna have to do that in the moring.
I rode the thing full out for quite a while, maybe a good 20 minutes or so, about two days now so you may be right about it blowing up.
Thanks for the replies.

Badd_man

Aug 5, 2002
Posted a topic before.....

About my kickstarter. I checked the crank case, and theres some fluid leaking from underneath; dunno if thats a problem or not.

And I can't seem to get the damn crank case off. I hammered it a few times with the wrench but the damn thing seems to be stuck.
Any tips, pointers from any of you guys would be great.
Thanks.

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Where is the fluid leaking from, does it look like theres a hole in the case? Have you made sure that all bolts are unscrewed, maybe theres one in a small indented area that you can't see at a a quick glance. Have you removed the kickstart lever, so that the case can slide off? What bike do you have, is it old?

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Well I can say the d@#n's are a quick way to get your post deleted... :| As for the cases they need to be split(I don't believe thats something you can do w/a hammer.) And yes that is a problem you have there, but possibly you could take to someone and get it welded? Not sure maybe the fellows here w/more knowledge could lend you a better hand than I.

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Badd_man, are you trying to split the crank case, or just take part of the cases off thats over the clutch and stuff? Big difference.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I just fixed a problem like this today on a 2001kx125 today.. WHile riding, the motor locked up on the kid.. THe kick start would not return too the upright position.. SO i had too take off the clutch assembly and cover.. Turns out, the kick start gear seized too the kick start shaft, causing the motor too lock up.. Cost me about $100 in parts too fix myself.. Hope this helps you out,
RIck
PS.. May be a good idea too invest in a shop manual for your bike..

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom