TEEEE

Jul 18, 2004
I've noticed that kids under 7 are not supposed to operate a Class III OHV (a motorcycle) in Oregon. Anyone ever run into trouble on this one?

My son is 4 and is almost ready for some easy trail action. Just curious if I need to expect to "take the ticket".

Last edited:

nwjohn

Aug 4, 2004
We have been riding here since my boy was 6 ( 2 yrs) .we go all over and have had no problems . The only thing that could be a problem is if you would just turn your kid loose UN-supervised , by state law you have to be there at all times and be an adult , This was told to me by a Nat forest officer . Call BLM or the Forest service and see what they say , even i would like to know what they say.
Hope this helped
john

TEEEE

Jul 18, 2004
I may give them a call just to find out. Sounds like the restriction only applies on public lands, but there is no age restriction for Class I (quads). Seems ridiculous that any little kid could be out there (supervised) on a quad, but not a dirt bike. If a little kid is riding trails on a dirt bike, he’s probably got twice the riding skills of the kid on the quad.

nwjohn

Aug 4, 2004
We ride both quad and d-bikes and have got to say that on the dunes on a quad the police are terrible !!! While out in the woods there is never even a hassle , there just plain nice. We Ride Prospect , fort rock, Virtue flats and every thing in between and always had a good time with no problems .

Top Bottom