KTMKyd

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 20, 2001
NOO!!!

No! Don't get it!

Man that stupid thing should be classified as a virus. I sends data over the net for no apparent reason, it's always running in the background, it's screwed up my computer WAYYYY to many times, and it's next to impossible to get rid of.

Sometimes I'll go to somones site, and it will just start installing itself in the background without even asking you.

Just a warning, I've had a bad run-in with it.

-Searge

125 rider

Sponsoring Member
Oct 1, 2000
Im not sure about this particular program but usualy things like that monitor what sites you go to and other online activity over time which benefits them, its called spyware...very sneaky.

KTMKyd

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 20, 2001
Yup,

That's exactly the point of the program. While it says it does so nestled somewhere inbetween in the Terms of Use and all that legal stuff that it does send data about the things you do on your computer and the sites you visit, if you go to a site that uses it, it will install itself "secretly" and youmay never even know it's there, just the fact that the site has a cool icon. So %50 percent of the people with it on their computer never even knew it was installed, and even more people never read the Privacy Policy.

The internet is scary yet.....

-Searge

WideOpen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 21, 2000
Privacy Policy??!!!!!!!! you can't read that thing, it take u years. anyway it is spyware and knows what u do and records data for advertising stuff online, u might say "so what" but it's like ther're following u in walmart then advertise to u what you were looking for..plus it's hella annoying ;)

Shin ichi

Feb 27, 2001
DELETE IT!

I downloaded one of there cursors and it junked my system bad. Stay away from it.

almost as scary as a 2wd motorcycle!:scream:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
But what does it do? How does it screw up your system? I had never heard this before, now I want to know more. What kind of info does it send?

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
Ah, I was looking for this topic this morning, but couldn't find it. I was looking around BBR's web site and notice that comet curser is integrated into it. Thankfully, it ask if I want to install it. I chose not to, and it askes me EVERY single page on the site, every link I click, every time I hit the back button, the box pops up asking to download it. I almost agreed just to get rid of that stupid box, but then I reallized it's much simpler to stop looking at the page. In the end we both loose, I don't get to finish looking at the site, and they loose a viewer.:(

Jeremy

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Yeah, I'm taking it off there. Duane thought it was cool but I don't agree after hearing this.

Now I know there's a way to get your cursor to be something other than an arrow WITHOUT annoying software--anybody know how?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
If you have windows, you can customize through the "settings"--though it can be time consuming to change one thing at a time.

KLX4smoke

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2001
I have this comet cursor thing on my computer and can't get it off. Can anyone help me get rid of this? Maybe this is why my computer has acted so strangely lately.:think

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
No, XRP, I've seen bikes and flowers and things on other sites without Comet cursor.

Top Bottom