motopsycho87

Dec 26, 2010
Firstly, how do you time the center exhaust valve on a pre-95 kips? I cant seem to get it perfectly in time with the other 2 valves! I know the other 2 valves are simply hold the rod at its fully open point then drop the valves in their fully open position, but hwo do you synchronise the center valve?

Also, the aluminium valves really sucked, so I made my own out of CW721R (high tensile bronze alloy)

]

And yes, when I made the valves I ensured the teeth on the gears were in the same positions as the old ones. I just cant seem to find a method of getting the center gear to the correct position.

Last edited:

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
Looking through the exhaust you can tell when it's open and closed. So make sure when the rod is in the center is closed, and when it's out it's open. Simple enough? Mine also appears a hair off when it's lined up as close as I can get it.

motopsycho87

Dec 26, 2010
Thats the thing, I can get it to what seems to be the equivalent of about a half tooth out. I didn't try too hard, its just there doesn't seem to be any straight forward guide to doing it easily!

Perhaps the gear is just badly machined, it wasn't in line properly when I took it out in the 1st place, oh well, nothing a dremel can't fix, waiting for the barrel to come back all nice and replated now :D!

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
As the toothed rod starts to move over, catch the middle valve on the 2nd tooth of the rod (or was it 4th?). It SHOULD line up properly when set up correctly. It is tricky to figure out.

Cool job on the valves.

Top Bottom