whizzit

Feb 6, 2004
Well yesterday i hurt my knee, but today I'm really feeling it. Went to the doctor and he said theres nothing serious and the pain should go away in 8-10 days. But whenever I bend my knee and use a certain muscle theres a brutal pain kinda in the back of my knee.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had something like this? And how did it go.

I wasn't riding so fast when the front tire went in a rut/hole and turned the bike all of a sudden. I guess my knee hit the ground pretty hard and the bike fell on it too. And after the crash the knee almost felt numb with pain :ugg:

I'd like to believe the doctor, but the pain is so bad I'm not totally sure.

whizzit

Feb 6, 2004
no, no x-rays. But the emergency doctor seemed to check the knee out pretty good, no broken bones or torn ligaments. Or should I still go for an x-ray. I'd have to see what its like tomorrow morning (i'm taking some motrin IB) if its still just as bad i'll go to emergency. Problem is I should really be going to work tomorrow, guess we'll see how it goes.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Hyperextended? It's painful, but if that's it, it will go away (he probably checked for movement/sloppyness in the knee), eventually. Get some knee braces. You don't want to see how much my left knee moves, lol. I know guys (AJ for one) with trashed knees. You don't want to go there.

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
x-ray does not show soft tissue injuries - always ask for an MRI for any joint injury (they will typically do an x-ray anyway)

whizzit

Feb 6, 2004
I'll check out these knee braces. I'm going to the big city this weekend where theres some really good biking stores where I'll load up on gear. I was just going out with a helmet, kidney belt, gloves, and boots; not that theres really nothing wrong with that but after this accident (my knee is feeling much better) I thought I'd just buy the rest of the equipment and help keep those injuries non-serious.

Jul 22, 2004
knee injuries are terrible :( but only a month left of therepy for me :yeehaw:

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Don't take your knees for granted. I've been dealing with a 20+ year old knee injury. Even after surgery it has never been the same. Actually, as I get older, it bothers me more and more. I won't even throw a leg over my bike without my braces.

R E A L

Aug 30, 2004
I also have a knee injury but its in the front under my knee cap. The docter said I screwed up my cartalige bad and he said it shuldbe messed up for about 2 years but its been past that.

whizzit

Feb 6, 2004
Well its been just over a week since it happened, and yea the pain has pretty much gone away. Its still a little stiff and a little swollen at the back of the knee but overall its good. I'm going riding today, hopefully I'll have no tumbles this weekend.

pbook

Nov 26, 2003
listen to the guys above and get some braces,if your knees ok you have had a lucky escape ,you dont want to be walking around like me after racing at the weekend

Top Bottom