ian hall

Nov 10, 2002
Have been thinking about getting some knee braces. Am wondering if something like the EVS RS7 has as much "side of kneecap" protection as some of the better hinged pads ie Thor force kneegaurd.

I had my first proper spill today-bike landed on my leg and kickstart dug into my knee big style. I was wearing Scott knee gaurds-great on the front of the knee and shin but pads are quite small and so do not extend around the knee cap. Have lost all confidence in these gaurds so need something new quick!

Thanks all.

Ian Hall

JCspode

May 30, 2002
I have been using the EVS RS7 for a few months now. There are a few things to note: These are really bulky braces. On long rides of single track trail(we are talking 40+ miles) the straps dig into my skin, and leave rashes and bruising. The RS7 braces offer lateral support, and some protection from hyperflextion, rather than side protection from being skewered by your kick starter. I have bad knees to start with so I can atest to the fact that wearing a brace is better than knee guards. Again for lateral support and hyper flex protection. I would reccomend going with a wrap around type knee brace if you are looking to protect your leg.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
You'd be hard pressed to find better protection than the Asterisl Cells. Sure they are knee braces to help keep the inner workings working but they also offer great coverage on the sides and especially the knee cap area. I broke my patella twice within 8 weeks (on my Mt. bike) and when I discussed with my ortho about the Cells he was aware of them. After ordering them I brought them to an appointment and got them fitted after he looked them over. He said there was no medical device he could perscribe that would off the same coverage and protection that the telescoping system on the Cells have, he was very impressed. :thumb:

ian hall

Nov 10, 2002
Have had very few opinions on the EVS braces and quite a few good opinions on the Asterisks. I have the RS7,s on order-should be here tomorrow.I Went for them because they are pretty new here in the UK and are very "keenly" priced to generate interest i suppose!

Bit concernered that they are so bulky and uncomfortable as i compete in 4 hour enduro events! We will see!!

Keep it uprightish!

Ian

Top Bottom