Ktm 450 SMR - offroad rim and tire question

Hooner33

Jul 17, 2006
I am new to the 4 stroke world and have always rode 2 smokers as far back as i could remember.
I have a neighbor who has the KTM 450 smr with 4.5 hours on it and he thinks it too fast for him. my problem is here.
I love to ride the trials and spend a lot of my summer time doing so. I also would like to ride the rode to work because the gas prices. I would have to change the tire to a more agressive dirt tire which really isn't the problem, It is the rim!
Will the rim hold up to the abuse of the off road terrian? Or will it buckle under the stress?

Thank you for spending your time reading this

Last edited:

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
Personally I think your rim wouldn't hurt your none. think about it, the bikes made to take the stress on offroad jumping, hitting roots etc, so riding it flat on a street isn't much stress.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Hooner33 said:
. I would have to change the tire to a more agressive dirt tire which really isn't the problem, It is the rim!
Will the rim hold up to the abuse of the street? Or will it buckle under the stress?

Thank you for spending your time reading this

Are you planning on mounting a dirt specific tire on the SMR 17" rim?

Hooner33

Jul 17, 2006
The 17" rim's strength on dirt. Will it hold up to the stress or forces of the offroad terrian? I would like to put a dual sport tire on a 17" wheel with 20% on road and 80% off road tire and let it fly. Also the same with the front. thank you for your time.

Top Bottom