CHIP

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2000
The chain tensioner bolt on my son's KTM 65 SX is broken. The problem is the threaded opening inside the swingarm has suddenly disappeared. I had noticed that the bolt was gone. I figured it had snapped and worked the rest of itself out. So, I bought another bolt (Lowes). I went to screw it into the end of the swingarm and found nothing there. I had seen about 2 years ago an article on such a thing in one of the MX mags. It was a quick fix of some sort. Ofcourse now I can't find that mag. Help!!

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Chip,
How big is the hole now? I'm not real familiar with that particualr bike but I think that if the threaded fixture that the bolt screwed into has falled out...or into the swingarm, you could possibly drill and tap for another bolt. Not sure how much meat is there though.
You could also take the bolt and thread it onto the nut then have a "good" welder weld the nut in place. Just make sure there is sufficient hole behind the nut for your new bolt to slide through.
Chip, try your best to keep a good eye on jr's bike. Kids tend to ride em till the hinges fall out without a second thought about maintenance.
"If they're runnin...ride em!" :)

CHIP

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2000
Those are excellent ideas. I would like to try and have it look like it is stock but I may not be so lucky. As for the maintainance, Amen Brother!! This time was my fault. I allowed someone besides myself to work on his bike and it snowballed into several missing parts.

CHIP

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2000
Yes, that is it Lawman. I have sent them an e-mail to see if that kit will repair my problem. Hopefully I will know for sure very soon. Thanks again.

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
ive got a 99 65 sx and you have to rev it after pulling in the clutch
to put in gear or it will kill the engine also have to pull the clutch and
rev it before you stop or it will kill it the clutch dose not dissingage util you rev it is this normal or is it a problem

Top Bottom