MasonW947

Nov 20, 2006
what is my 2003 ktm 250 exc 2-stroker's frame made out of? under my seat, the bar that extends from each side is cracked right where the hole is where you screw down the rear fender and i need it welded.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
KTM frames are chrome-moly steel. An acetylene torch and a rod of RG60 is the easiest way to repair cro-mo. I don't know what the subframe is, though. A friends Honda subframe cracked outwards from the bolt holes, I just welded it up with a TIG torch and re-drilled it.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
The subframe is aluminum. Depending on how much you will spend on welding, you can find a good used OEM subframe for around$100 bare OR upgrade your bike to the single bolt seat and new SX subframe and plastic. Looks much nicer and allows you to run a EE soft seat. The old style two bolt seats were pretty cruddy on long rides and the SDG built EE seats weren't much better.

let me know, I can put you in touch w/ a buddy of mine out of Michigan that aprts newer generation bike sout all the time and can set you up w/ a whole new rear section for pretty decent price

Top Bottom