Twisted-Grip

Mar 4, 2006
My Uncle wants to get my cousin a bike for his birthday but cant decide what 2-stroke to get my cousin. My cousin has been riding for a couple years on his klx125 but has been wanting to get a 2-stroke for a while now. My cousin rode my kx100 and liked it but would rather have a KTM 105 because hes heard alot of great things about KTM's. Is there a real big difference between these two bikes? I mean besides money wise, so my uncle will buy him the better of the 2.

Please help me and my uncle out

Thanks

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I think I'd go with the KX100 just because it has a lot of aftermarket support and has been around for quite awhile. The KTM is quite a bit more money too.

Jun 5, 2006
Well if you're not worried about cash, i'd say the ktm. You get that extra 5 displacement, it's a little more aggresive, and plus, it's a ktm. They look awesome! However, i'd say that the ktm isn't really worth the extra money, i'm only saying get it if you don't care about money what so ever. The kawasaki is still awesome.

montana-mxer

Jun 13, 2006
i personally like the ktm. it has all the nice standard features. i also like the feel of ktm's bigger bikes, they seem to have everything that i like. however, as it was mentioned before, the ktm probably isnt worth all the extra money. i suppose it just comes down to how much money you want to spend.

RS1441

Jun 18, 2006
I hear ktm brake more than other makes although i am not saying they are bad but a few people have had them i know and they have replaced a fair few things although the hasn't been anything major just little things i would go with kawasaki but that is just my opinion. :)

Jordy

Mar 7, 2007
Well, i own a KX100, and i can tell you first hand there is no difference between the KX100 and the KTM 105 SX. Now, TECHNICALLY theres is a greater of 5cc, but i mean common. Besides the KTM is almost 1 grand more, but for what?? Besides, as other replies have stated, the KX ha smuch more tech support. ANYWHOO have fun with what ever motocross u get.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom