tm-enduro

Mar 7, 2001
KTM owners, I am contemplating getting a new 525exc but am concerned about parts availability. I've talked to many riders that have been stuck w/o their KTM for weeks while waiting for parts, even my dealer warned me that I would miss riding time waiting for parts if/when I broke the bike. Is KTM getting better?

KenR

Feb 20, 2002
I've been riding a KTM for the past three years. Have never had to wait for any normal wear parts, i.e. top ends, bearings, seals, etc. Everything I've ever needed has been in stock at my dealer. Junior's 65 is a different story...

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
I have owned my 98 125 SX since Oct. 98 and have never had an issue with parts availability. I don't buy from the local dealer (dud) but from Letko Competition in Kansas City, I have yet to try any of the other KTM dealers online, maybe next time.

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
I've been pretty lucky. I've had to order weird things ie. rear brake hose, plastic fork guard holder, and a clutch line. All here in a couple days. I did have to wait a week or so on an internal part for my forks but that seemed reasonable. There are some pretty good KTM distributers around. I was concerned about the parts availability but it hasn't really been an issue. Now price... That's another matter. ;)

ktmdad

Feb 29, 2000
We have been on KTM's since '96. This includes several 50's and 65's. Except for a tranny gear on the '99 65, have never had a problem getting parts. If my main dealer didn't have it, I'd start calling other dealers.

The www.ktmtalk.com board makes it even easier to locate parts if you can't find one locally.

CO Dan

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2001
I've had 2 KTMs and have never waited for parts, so I don't know why you should have problems.

www.cyclezone.com and www.ktmworld.com seem to be very responsive dealers with good parts stocks.

I wouldn't worry about parts availability at all, and can't imagine why your dealer warned you.

I guess that if you break parts that are brand new to the 03 then maybe you might wait, as it takes a while for the new parts to get to the US. But that would be true of any manufacturer.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Also try www.lansingcycle.com
Alan Randt is the owner and Mike Lafferty's wrench man, they have everything including some great advice. They are also Enduro Engineering so you can get trick stuff there too. They sell a LOT of KTMs and therefor stock lots of parts to support them.

Top Bottom