matthunter

Feb 10, 2002
hey guys, im thinkin about gettin a new sx200....im wondering how their powerbands are..i heard they r faster then hell. but r their powerbands like the 125s?? where u have to rev them high? or are they more like the 250s? becuz my friend has a cr250 and as soon as u let the clutch out u have power. if u can just tell me how their powerbands are or how the compare to a 125's powerband becuz i recentally ride a cr125 and u have to rev them high till u get to the power so just tell me how the powerbands are on the 200 if u can. thanks

hoydamm

Dec 24, 2001
I have a ktm 200 along with three 125s and a 250f and then my brother has two 250s he races also...and out of all of the bikes i love the 200 more then any of them. Its so smooth and has the best suspenion by far. I can beat alot of 250s on my 200. its so much nicer..and all those other colored bikes just suck balls

socal scott

Nov 2, 2001
hoydamn needs to really tell us what he thinks, we wouldn't want be left wondering.

Mat, they really are between the 125 and 250. You have to react like a 125 pilot. For most it takes more energy, it really depends on learning the power. Most get on my modified mxc and all they say is it's light and they couldn't tell it was running at times. I tell them prior to riding it to ride it agressive, and down shift...it don't help. They don't know how I roost on them. I say it's proper gear selection for the terrain. I save energy now that I got that in my head. Momentum, momentum, I wanted to ride more agressively, the funny thing is after I got that down mellow riding became easier too?

WhiPit

Mar 16, 2000
Matt,

I've had my 200SX for about a month now and you really ahve to ride it like a 125. But be careful, because it's got 250-like power once you get it on the pipe. There isn't a lot of low-end, but once you get it boiling it'll run away from 125's and right with 250's (and 450's!).

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
the only problem i see with them is if your trail rideing and smack a log
with the pipe it will pop out of the cylinder (pipe hangs way to low)

cappra

Feb 8, 2001
They tested it in the new mx action and beleive it or not they loved it they said it does everything better than the 125sx wil turn with a suzuki I couldn,t believe it was a mx action article they had nothing but praise for it the best vet bike for guys that like 125,s you can run with the big dogs!

mkuriawa

Feb 28, 2002
I finally rode my 200 SX yesterday, it has been sitting in my basement for a month due to the bad weather in the Northeast. I am coming off a 99 250 MXC with stiffer springs, after riding it for about 2 hours yesterday I can not say one bad thing about the bike. It handles ten times better than my 99 and I am still using the stock suspension settings without adjusting the sag, it tracks straight through bumps and whoops even if my technique was a little lazy. KTM has come a long way in 4 years with the PDS, I was never truely happy with the shock on my 99 even after spending a decent amount of time on the setup.

The power is better than I thought it would be, on longer berms I could actually use the throttle without clutching through in some cases. Of course maximum thrust is mid-top and the bike is deceptively fast after it gets going. I am running the stock jetting with a larger main and air screw adjustments for the colder weather, I am sure with some changes in the future there will be some extra boost available. I am truely happy with the bike and hope to be riding it for years to come, it is everything I thought it would be and more. I was originally going to sell the 99 for a 200 MXC until I heard the rumors that KTM was making the SX model, glad I held out!

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
I know this means nothing but the new issue of Dirtrider callse the 200SX the "Best kept secret"

Turns like a 125 with most of the power of a 250.

They also state that there are very few produced (thye actually say 1 per dealer) and that they are all spoken for.

Top Bottom