Sapper33

Apr 15, 2007
I know KTMs retail for more than most others, but does/should this translate to a better resale value?

I probably won't buy a bike for a while yet, as work is good = not much free time. But I'm still tossed between a 125 and a 250 2-stroke. I had a guy locally contact me with an '04 KTM 200SX for sale:

"For sale-2004 200 SX-carbon fiber pipe gaurd and skid plate-new rear tire and grips-EE soft seat-kickstand added-tuggers-not much more to say,after all it is a KTM.$4900"

is the add he has running...Cdn $$$. And the pictures look good.

It seems like the bike would be a good compromise: a bit bigger than a 125, so it'd last me longer, but not so big as a 250 that I'd kill myself on.

I'd try to talk him down money wise, and for argument, say I could get it for $4500 (I'm also looking at an '02 CR250R for $4200 as a price range). Are there any KTM specific "quirk" I should look for/at? How about money, should it really be anymore than a 250 of the same year from Kawi, Yama, Honda or Suzuki?

Yes, yes I know...it's too much $$$. But as I've said before: I don't set the prices, the market does. I just have to live with them, so throw me a bone.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
Sapper33 said:
"For sale-2004 200 SX-carbon fiber pipe gaurd and skid plate-new rear tire and grips-EE soft seat-kickstand added-tuggers-not much more to say,after all it is a KTM.$4900"

They don't make 200 SX's. It's probably a 200 XC or XC-W. Just a heads up.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
From everything I have heard the 200SX was a fun bike to ride. Problem is they are not legal to race in the 125/250F class and that hurt sales.

If you are looking for a two stroke and want something faster than a 125 and lighter than a 250 you have found your bike.

Around here the KTM SX models suffer more on resale than the enduro models.

Top Bottom