kx 125 bogs under load/ dosen't sound like 2 stroke

longball3

Sep 12, 2005
Aight I broke out the old kx 125 and decided to get to riding after the doctor gave me the go ahead (vertabre messed up) ...So I go to start it up after changing the spark plug, cleaning the filter and changing the oil... First kick she starts but dosen't have that clean cut... ming ming ming ... it's more like a four stroke... blah blah blah. so i take off the carb and reeds take all the jets out of the ccarb soak the whole thing in b12 to make sure its clean... check reeds nothing wrong there. Put it all back together and still doing it... i think it may be the gas i'm running the same gas that i always have exxon 93 but changed oils mixing 32:1 but i went from bel ray to honda oil (had it for my blaster and didn't have bel ray aval.)
It ran perfect before i parked her 1 1/2 years ago do you think it is the gas mix... oh and also the comprssion is the same as it always has been so no broken or cracked rings.
thanks guys
wallace out

longball3

Sep 12, 2005
no it was new gas i figured it out it looks as if a hummingbird/ another small variety of bird had built a nest in the silencer i took it off to clean off the rust and decided to see how loud it would be if i cranked it without the silencer and it started up perfectly

longball3

Sep 12, 2005
no it was new gas i found the problem it was a humming bird or other small bird built it's nest in the tail pipe but just got back from the track and wrecked think i broke my hand but not sure headed to the doctor to get it cheked out

kx125srule

Sep 29, 2005
also does any 1 elses hard to get moving, at first i thought my clutch wasn't engaging but my friends also does it, if so did they fix it and how?

kxmike

Feb 2, 2005
yea mine is also hard to get moving. i have a 2003 kx125 and when you put it in first and about to go it almost dies then it almost does a wheelie. i think its jetting though.

Top Bottom