njkx

Apr 13, 2004
i think my master cylinder is broken. I'm getting very little pressure to the front brake. I tried bleeding the brake several times. Also, I put a friend's master cylinder on and it works.

Does anyone know what typically breaks on a master cylinder?? I don't want to have to buy a new one. The dealer says that I have to order the whole thing (brake lever, bolts,etc.) I'ts like $200. Also, does anyone know where I can order just a master cylinder without the lever and bolts and stuff??

thanks.

B

biglou

Don't they make rebuild kits? What about that popular auction site? I've seen complete front brake systems including caliper go for ~$50. I'd do a search over there and see what results you get.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
I had the same problem with my kx. The parts that I'd get are a new master cylinder piston, and the washer behind it. Kawasaki doesn't make a rebuild kit for our bikes.

piston PN# 43020-1123 $21.42

washer PN# 92022-1814 $1.71

That being said, I ended up getting a crf master cylinder......

Jeremy

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Did you guy's try K&L Supply for the rebuild kit? They have everything that the dealer's don't. Most independent shops are dealer's for them or have their parts books. They will not sell to individuals, but if there is a descent independent around you, they should be able to help you out.

njkx

Apr 13, 2004
thanks guys. to be honest, i can't even figure out how to take the thing apart so I am looking for the whole thing. Hondaxrguy, are your brakes better with the crf one? My front brakes were always kinda mushy on the KX, I was thinking of getting a CR master cylinder. I'm bidding on a couple online right now. Anyone that wants to sell a master cylinder let me know.

Hondaxrguy

May 17, 2001
I think if I put new pads on, defenatly. Right now, it's about the same or a little better than stock, but my pads are a little contaminated with fluids. :bang:

Jeremy

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
njkx said:
thanks guys. to be honest, i can't even figure out how to take the thing apart

Take the lever off and the rubber boot. Inside you will see(if it's clean)a circlip. take it out and pull. Good luck.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom