DannyBeavis

Sep 21, 2005
i recently looked into fitting a new front pipe to the kdx and at £50 for a second hand kx 250 pipe i thought this would be a good investment as i hear it makes a big difference to the ride. But the stock pipe on mine is attached with bolts to the cyclinder. The kx pipe merely slots in and is held on with springs. When i asked the guy at the shop he said i would have to cut the end off both pipes and weld the tip off the stock pipe to the kx pipe. As i dont have a welder this is not feasible for me. As i have never heard of anybody doing this whenever they mention fitting a new pipe i am wondering if what he said is right. could somebody help me out and tell me what modifications the pipe would need... if any? thanks.

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
Why not just find the correct pipe to begin with? That way you don't have to monkey around with destroying your stock pipe to try and make the KX pipe fit. You also don't have to worry about the shape of the pipe correctly fitting around your KDX's bodywork, and all teh mounts on a pipe meant for the KDX will match up, unlike what will happen with the KX, where they may be significantly different. I don't see the KX pipe being worth your time and effort, with the amount of work required to fit it to your bike.

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
my 91 KDX 250 has the springs. must just be a Euro thing...

of course, my KDX motor has KX250 stamped into alot of it's parts too.

Top Bottom