kx forks wont come apart

Badgadjit1

Feb 20, 2006
I've changed my fork seal before on my yz but never on my kx, just wondering if its any different. its an 86 kx 125. I wouldn't think its any different, but when i took off the dust cap and seal and took out the ring holding in the dust seal, this would obviously be the time to yank the fork tubes apart. i have tugged on it a bunch and its not working. i even nailed the fork down to my work bench to hold the bottom part even better and still nothing...it just seems like its attacthed to something inside, but i don't know what it would be. I can compress it down all the way which seems as though nothing is atached..
When i get to the end of the yank (when it should be comming out) at the stopping point if feels real spongy. I'm pretty sure i'm doin it right but i misplaced my manual and i don't wanna break something and pay more money than 15 bucks for the seals.

Thanks!

minutz

Feb 6, 2000
This is probably a stupid question but did you take the bolt out of the bottom of the fork?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…