kdxrider200

Jan 4, 2003
Could I change to a kx seat on my kdx if I changed the tank without a different frame. Just wondering? I love the way you can move on an mx machine.

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
You beat me to this question. I too am exploring the kx tank and seat combination on my kdx. If no one has done it, I am going to try and find someone who will let me take their parts and see how they mate up with a kdx. I wonder why clarke tanks have never produced a smaller tank for us wanta be mx'ers.

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
I don't understand you guy!!!! If you wanted a KX...why didn't you just buy one??? It makes no sense whatsoever to put a SMALLER tank on a KDX! :(

kc

Oct 2, 2001
the kdx is a decent mxer if you're willing to make a few compromises... ergos are one of 'em. i love the fact that with a few mods (that you will make anyway) the bike becomes mx-able. so far i've raced enduros, harescrambles, turkey runs, and motocross on the kdx and i'm not above trying a trials competition or riding it to work for that matter. what a bike!

i'd be interested in kx seat/tank mods and alum subframe swaps...

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
We did not buy KX's cause we would have to change the engine characteristics to make it like a kdx. I think it would look cool and I don't need a big tank on a sx track.

toalco-kdx

May 16, 2002
what about just adding seat foam or something like that? then u could still have the big tank. i like the idea of a flatter seat alot. is a curved seat more comfortable for trail riding?

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
Dave speaks and people listen, Darn it, now I am bummed. I already run a tall seat foam and man that really makes a difference if your an aggresive rider. If I were doing a lot of nasty trails with some off-camber stuff I would probably be wishing for the standard foam since I am under 6ft.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom