b1dude

Jul 5, 2004
Been watching the forum for quite some time regarding a comprise to the hybrid bikes.

Keeping our KDX frames but adding the KX front forks AND rear swingarm.

Seems for sure the addition of the aluminum swingarm would make a serious hit on the need to put our KDX's on a diet. In addition the additional length of the KX swingarms would seem to benefit at least a western rider's need for more stability at speed.

BUT TO THE QUESTION for the fellas:
ref this thread:http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=144751

Looks like Bucketana figured out a way to nail down the most difficult part of of the swingarm mounting.

What other "gotchas" are out there w/regards to fitting one of our bikes w/the KX rear suspenders?
- seems like easy ones would be

Use the old KDX shock/linkage or bring on the KX shock lingage?
Rear Brake?
Thanks for chiming in fellas. E

b1dude

Jul 5, 2004
Ok part 2 from the deufus (dooofus, noun: one who can't tell the difference between alumin and cast iron) that started this.

I can confirm our swingarms are shorter than our KX brothers.

I guess now the question is why? Seems like we spend a lot of our time trying to approach the perfect compromise between KDX and KX....

Is this swingarm swap viable?

ebeck

Dec 13, 2006
The KDX swing arm is about 1 inch shoter. I suspect the linkage and will not work though. The KX shock would have to be revalved to match the KDX front if you went that way. Worst case, you would need to make a bushing or two. Seems like the only hting to look out for is geometry changes as you may experience shock binding. If the KX and KDX shock as the same mength, ot close, it is likley nnot an issue. If you want real length, get the 250 swing arm as it is out an inch longer then the 125's.

I agree with the Western rider needinng length. I am an AZ rider. I optd for the KX bike with the KDX motor though. Solves all the other KDX deficits as well.

Good luck!

Top Bottom