KX100 Article at MotorcycleDaily.Com

B

biglou

Wow, my first thread started in the women's forum! :) Anywho, I read motorcycledaily.com, well, daily, and today's article might be of interest to some of you. It's a slightly modded KX100 that gets a pretty good review (for whatever that's worth) as a good do-all bike for the vertically challenged.

Check it out: Click here

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Hey BigLou; welcome to the Women's Room and thanks for posting the article! I only have one modification to add to the article: a dual-stage reed. That helped just a little with the low end too. 'Went zipping around the local trails with the hubby last night after work; YUP, the little KX is a total KICK to ride!!!

efi

Jul 23, 2000
I have never seen a KX100 (none in Israel).
Is this a bike that is large enough, stiff enough and powerfull enough for a 5.4 ft. 145 pound adult ?
Is the powerband similar to a 125cc. MX bike or is it less of a screamer ?
Thanks

RacerChic26

May 8, 2003
The KX is a great bike (I own one and love it) And it pretty much does it all (trails, MX, whatever) But is definitely a Motocross-type bike. This is what enables it to do so well in every situation. If you're short like me (5'2) and want a high-performance bike, there's no other way to go! Oh- and I don't know if you would want to race it if you're 5'4 and 145lbs though. I suppose it would carry you (my 200+ lb uncle was able to wheelie it so hard that he ended up on his butt) but you may be better off on a 125 if you can touch the ground and feel comfortable on it. If not, the KX 100 is your best bet.

SarahL99

Dec 18, 2001
Definatly the right bike for me! I'm 5'4 and 125. The 100 is impressive! Its got alot of snort in a compact package! It really gets on it for me at the track yet is versitile enough I can ride technical trails. I can handle this bike much better than my old 125.

Top Bottom