mxpaint04

Dec 1, 2004
I'm buying my firends kx100 in about a week. Ive been doing some research for good mods and i came across flywheels. I understand many people are putting 10oz flywheels on their kx100s. but when i went to stealthy flywheels website it said 10oz was for intermediate trail riding so i looked at 8oz weights and they recomend it for agressive woods riding and novice mx use. But, my riding can range from novice mx riding to backwoods techniquel trail. So, should i get the 10oz or the 8oz and if i get either should i gear the bike down??? :bang:

dirtpoor

Feb 19, 2005
If you find that the 10 oz. is too much, you could shave it down with a lathe. Need accurate scale such as a postal scale to weigh it.

mxpaint04

Dec 1, 2004
ok yea if i get one i will probally get the 10oz and if its to much of a cut down then ill get a machineist to shave it down.

W00TsP0P

Jan 18, 2005
if you get the 10oz flywheel and dont like it send it back to Steahly and they will shave it down for you as long as it is within (don't qoute me) but i think it's like 30 days.
as for shaving it down and weighing it with a postal scale????
unless you are a expert machinist and have access to spin balance DON'T DO IT!
to have someone machine it down for you would probably cost the same as another flywheel.

get the 10 ouncer if you don't like it send it back to steahly for machining.
i have put heavy flywheels in all my 2 strokes, they really make it more woods rideable.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom