griffbones

Sep 12, 2006
I am only interested in personal experience from KX100 owners that have tried the FMF fatty or the Pro Circuit Factory pipes. Please be honest, if you have a PC and it didn't do much let me know, or vise versa. Did it help mid, did it help top, etc...

I am after a good woods pipe for my son. Many guy's tend to make blanket statements like "The Fatty is more low end and the PC more top end" But I know for a fact that this is not true on all models of bikes.

So let's hear who has tried which pipe on their KX100, and what the results were, please.

BTW this will be going on a stock engine.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
Well we've tried both on the suzuki rm85. and exactly as you described the fatty was bottom end and the pc was topend. It was the same way back when we rode the ktm 65's. So while we don't have direct KX experience it is very evident that the philosophy of FMF with the fatty is a bottom end pipe and the philosophy of Pro Circuit is the topend performer. Pro Circuit is very MX orineted in their approach. Not baggin on them. Its just their mantra. FWIW.

Personally I'd go with 8oz flywheel weight, a port job from Eric Gorr, v force reeds and the fatty for trails. In that order. Probably cut some off the stock silencer 1,5" or get a shorty. I don't even think Pro Circuit would reccomend their pipe for trails.

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
We have a KX100 and it came with the FMF pipe. I understand the stock pipe's performance is pretty much unbeatable but since ours had the FMF and it was plated, we left it on. Supposedly the weak spot in the exhaust is indeed the muffler, so a shortie is worth some extra power, but for woods you really should get a spark arrestor to be responsible

I agree with Jasle's order of mods above for this bike. I put a 10oz flywheel weight on ours and it's great, though I now know a 12oz would probably be even better. Besides, if you get the 12 and later decide it's too much you can always mill it down to a 10oz..

griffbones

Sep 12, 2006
Thank you very much for the input fellas, I really appreciate it. I already have the flywheel weight (10oz) and I am ordering the V-force reeds, I was just very undecided about the pipe.

Last edited:
Top Bottom