m_champoux

Mar 29, 2001
I tried the Enduro section and no result

Oversize tank for KX250 2002
I know that Fred Andrews has IMS tank for racing the GNCC on the KX250.

Did someone try the clark tank with the KX250 ??

I know that some company make better fit with some bikes ??
If the team KAWASAKI GNCC is using IMS, maybe the fit is better for the KX250 !!

Thanks for your comments !
Marty
KX250 2002 (New !!)
KDX220R 2001 (Sold SNIF !!)

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I tried an IMS on my 2000 KX250, the fit was poor (shrouds didn't line up properly) and it bulged out in the wrong places. I've heard that the Clarke tank is much better.

SndyRds

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 1, 2001
I got a IMS tank for my '99 KX 250 the fit is good. Although the tank bulged at the petcock, and the o-ring wouldn't seal. I used RTV (carefully) and it hasn't leaked. It's been on for over a year now. ;)

osheen

Feb 27, 2000
I tried an IMS on my yz250. It fit like total crap. The one I saw on Ty Davis' bike looked good. Maybe the top guys can dig through the pile and get an IMS that actually fits. I gave the IMS back to the dealer and got a CLARKE. It fits much better and is much cheaper too.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Ive had both the Clarke and the IMS. The Clarkes I saw tend to have blemishes and color distortions in the plastic as if the molding process had contamination. Since then, Ive bought the IMS and couldnt be happier.

Wakisashi

Mod Ban
Apr 29, 2002
I use the clarke , the IMS doesn`t use the stock mounting point at the ateering head. It isn`t as solid of a mount and moves around some.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
It sounds like IMS tanks are hand-made or something, and it's luck of the draw that you might get a good fitting one. Maybe you can order in ten of them, find the best fitting one and return nine. :silly:

Top Bottom