Lobster

Jan 7, 2002
OK, I’ve been a 4-stroke guy for years now. I just picked up a 95 KX250 for a hellavu bargain. Now, I’m used to tractor like torque from the bottom and KX doesn’t have that! I know I’m not going to mimic a 4-stroke power band, but I’d like to optimize the low to mid range as I plan on racing it in sport motard on a fairly tight track. I also do some trail riding that doesn’t need lots of top end speed. Timing is adjustable, and I think the power valve doohicky is as well. About all I can tell for engine improvements is a No-toil air cleaner and an FMF Fat Boy pipe. The suspension was just rebuilt and re-valved by Pro-Circuit for my weight and riding style, so it’s time to shift focus to the power delivery. Is there any other parts must haves? Which way should I adjust timing and power valve for bottom power? Please speak slowly and make lots of gestures as I am a complete newbie to 2-strokes.

Thanks!!

kx500 kid

Jul 23, 2003
Start with a fly wheel weight and advance the ignition timing turn the stator plate clock wise from the standard mark and try from there

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom