KX250 Powervalve linkage alignment?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Can anyone tell me the proper settings for the powervalve gear alignment on a '99 KX250? In particular the alignment of the transfer port valves.

Thank you. :cool:

YZThumper

~SPONSOR~
Aug 6, 2001
The manual says to line up the punjab marks on the two transfer port valves with marks on the actuator rod. However, I've found this doesn't always allow the transfer ports to be completely open. I line up the punjab marks on the transfer port valves to the marks on the actuator rod as my starting point. I then look inside the exhaust port while pulling the actuating rod out, and you can see if the transfer port valves allow the transfer ports to be fully open. If the transfer ports are not fully open when the actuator rod has been pulled out, I pull the transfer port valves up out of the cylinder and rotate them one tooth on the actuating rod. I then repeat the process by looking inside the exhaust port to see if the transfer ports are fully open or not. If you rotate the transfer port valves to much, the transfer ports hang open even when the actuating rod is not pulled out. Eventually you'll find the exact spot to line up the transfer port valves with the actuating rod so that the transfer ports open fully.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
YZThumper said:
The manual says to line up the punjab marks on the two transfer port valves with marks on the actuator rod. However, I've found this doesn't always allow the transfer ports to be completely open. I line up the punjab marks on the transfer port valves to the marks on the actuator rod as my starting point. I then look inside the exhaust port while pulling the actuating rod out, and you can see if the transfer port valves allow the transfer ports to be fully open. If the transfer ports are not fully open when the actuator rod has been pulled out, I pull the transfer port valves up out of the cylinder and rotate them one tooth on the actuating rod. \QUOTE]

Thank you YZThumper.

That was the problem we encountered. The transfer ports were not completly open. I wound up going by the wear marks on the transfer ports and re-setting the gears to match.

Thanks again. :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom