eurogp

May 10, 2006
Hello, I let my 94 kx250 sit for about 3 weeks without being ridden with the gas turned on and it got rained on some during that time. When I went to start my bike after 3 weeks it just wont start. There was tons of gas spewing out the exhaust where the pipe meets the head when kick starting it. I could barely kick start the bike because the cylinder was filled with gas the first few kicks. I spend about 2 hours kick starting it and trying to figure out what was wrong. I havent had any problems with the bike before this and last time a rode 3 weeks ago it ran great. It gets great spark and I drained the gas and replaced with with new gas. I also just put a new air filter in and replaced the muffler packing, springs, and gasket.

Does anyone have any item what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Have you tried removing your spark plug to see if it is the right color? Sometimes when you kickstart without success for a bit of time the plug gets black. You should consider replacing it. If this does not work, try inserting a drop of gas directly in the cylinder by the spark hole.

eurogp

May 10, 2006
Replaced the spark plug already

I forgot to add that I did replace the spark plug with a new one also to check to see if that what was wrong, but the spark plug was tan like it should be.

Jun 27, 2006
((Always remember to cut the fuel off)) . Cut off the fuel, take out the plug and kick it several times to clear the cylinder, clean the plug and put it back in. After you make sure that the expansion chamber is not full of water from sitting out in the rain and that the kill switch is not somehow bad and that there is no water in the carb, turn the gas back on, choke it and try it. I have had some one pull me up the road using an atv before to get a bike started by putting it 3rd and letting out on the clutch and just letting it go until every thing cleared and finally fired.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
That's the right solution. It should fire up!

Top Bottom