phranticness

Jan 4, 2006
Mabey I should have put this in with my last thread about valve clearance specs, but this is a totally different topic, and I can't find any answers with my searches.

The bog is low RPM, when I blip the throttle to get over a rut or log, or roll on out a corner. as long as I'm in the midrange throttle response is fine, also idle seems to hunt a bit at idle and no load low rpm

This is an 04' with really low hours, so I suspect this bog has been here since the start. It feels lean to me, and if it were a car I'd say the accelerater pump is out of adjustment. I don't have a manual but one is on the way. I fixed the horrible Idle, off Idle and cruise on my KLX with a dyno jet kit, anyone had luck with this for a fix on their RMZ or KXF.
Also is there a mixture screw or air bleed screw, and if so which is it? (air bleed-in for richer, mixture-out for richer) also is the accelerater pump adjustable in any way?

I realize I need a book, like I said one is on the way, but has anyone had a bog on these bikes and found a cure?

any imput, or links to threads I missed would be appreciated. thanks

phranticness

Jan 4, 2006
OK, well, I went another route for some info. The power now quick shot from Boyesen seems to be the answer to my problem. I'll update the thread when I install.

yellow725

May 1, 2006
richen up the fuel screw it is the screw on the bottom of the carb a little tricky to get to sometimes you have to turn the carb to get to it.

phranticness

Jan 4, 2006
Just an update guys.............I tried the mixture screw prior to the quickshot. that helped a little. the boyesen has fixed 99% of the bog, along with proper idle mixture adjustment. Note: mixture is adusted out for rich, in for lean. I richened it up a A 1/2 turn from stock.

Top Bottom