Status
Not open for further replies.

Martinm2

Aug 20, 2000
93 KX250 rear fender

Yes it is, a 93 seems to fit best, I only had to trim some plastic to fit the siltencer, drill new rear mounting holes, the 250 rear mounting location is also a bit wider so it takes a little force to get it in, looks much better though.

The 93 is the only 250 fender that has the same front mounting hole locations, I tried a 99 also, but the 93 was a much better fit.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I, too, have a 93 250 fender on the back of my KX500. I borrowed the idea from YOU, Martin. :o

I'm using a black UFO fender. It looks great and really updates the look of the bike. Yes, it's a little harder than Martin is trying to play it off as:D , , but it's doable with a lot of elbow grease.

My bike also has a black Clarke tank, & 02 shroud graphics. I've gotten so used to the more "staunch" looking 500 that nothing looks OR feels right to me. The KX250 is just too soft for me, seems a bit "jerky" without being truely unstable, and a bit "quirky". Can't describe it much better than that. The 5Honey is a little rigid, but much more stable in all settings, and damn near impossible to wreck at speed. You can hit HUGE objects broadside and off-balance like an idiot, that you would have endo'd on another bike, and somehow plow right through it. Power is phenomenal--mine jetted appropriately for my elevation, temp, riding style. I get smooth low-end without loading it up, "puttability", 4-stroke-like chugging (you can forget the clutch is there. Don't need it. :D ), lifethreatening midrange snap (this is where the bike gets dangerous--don't ever lackadaisically apply midrange throttle. You WILL be sorry.), and nice open-class unmatched overrev. Destry runs his over 100mph on some desert runs.

Sorry to get off topic. Can't help myself.

er, yeah, you can do the 250 rear fender thing.:confused:

Bearjoe83

Nov 30, 2007
New England 2001 cr500

Moderator Edit : Please post in the For Sale Forum instead of dragging up old posts.

Thank you
Ivan

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom