Martinm2

Aug 20, 2000
I never thought I'd want anything other than my keep you regular KX500. Been riding the bike for the last six years, and alway been a two stroke rider.

That is until I rode a friends 05 CRF450 this past weekend on the dunes. These newer bikes are amazingly easy to ride. It doesn't take more than 10 minutes of riding hard in the dunes on my 500 to get me to a point where arm pump and control comes to question. I did the same on this new 450 and I litterally felt like I could ride twice as hard and aggressively. It was just that much more forgiving. And while I never felt like the 250's two strokes had enough power in the sand, the 450 never felt lacking and that always available smooth power delivery was better than I expected.

Anyway, I still like the extreme of my 500, and it's still tons of fun. But I think I know what my next bike will be, something that I can hang on to for a bit longer, this 450 really changed my view of these newer 4 strokes.

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Martinm2 said:
this 450 really changed my view of these newer 4 strokes.

They have come a long way, most people that ride them have a similar opinion. While the 500cc two strokes have amazing power, they dont compare to the new 450's when it comes to a race ready bike for the track. Ergos and power delivery are the main reasons for it.

Top Bottom