Status
Not open for further replies.

AdrianL

Nov 1, 2005
Hey guys. Hope somebody can help me out with some info here. I am pretty new to Kawasaki and dirt bikes in general I guess. First let me say I have searched and couldnt find exactly the info I am looking for. So it starts with a KX80 I have had for quite awhile 1993 I was told was what year it was. I bought it with the top end toast. Looks like one of the c-clips for the wrist pin came out and just ruined everything. So I got on the phone with the local Kawi dealer and had looked into big bore kits on the net ooOOo. The fellow I talked with on the phone told me the kx80 and 100 used the same bottom end and that I could use the cylinder+head from a Kx100 on my 80. So I ordered up all the parts gaskets and everything.
So today I got to work tearing apart the old an rebuilding with new. It was going pretty well got everything together and noticed the difference in the exhaust ports.. CRAP! So I done some searchign and reading. It is this powervalve. My 80 cylinder had none of this powervalve stuff. And the 80 pipe is just a tad too big to fit in the new port. I've got everything together except for this exhaust so I figure try to fire it up. After I get gas through the system she fire right up LOUD! Obviously with no exhaust OK... So thats my story I guess im just hoping somebody here can enlighten me a bit more about this reguards to the exhaust/powervalve crap. I am a little but choked after some reading I found out that some of the power vfalve setups are run off a geared shaft driven by the crankshaft. I was looking forward to not having to tear into the bottom end of this thing. So what are my options. WHat exactly is going on here. I can't be the only one that has done this before. Thanks for any help and sorry for rambling on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom