autoc-o1

Jul 28, 2012
hey guys new to the forum, picked up my first bike, a 03 kx85. love it. i have some questions if you guys could please help me.
i had the bike parked for a couple days and i notices some red liquid on the ground and some drops of oils aswell, what is that from?
also the bike smokes quites abit out of the back of the exaust and a tiny bit from the front of the bike, kinda a blueish white smoke.
i want to change all the fluids and oils in the bike so i know exactly what is in my bike. what do you guys reccomend and what should i change.
and what type of gas and oil for the kx85, and mix ratio?

thank you for your tim and help

Kx85Krazy

Mar 14, 2008
I actually had the same bike for a while. It still runs great but has become a handmedown. As for gas and oil i always run Premium grade fuel with Golden Spectro, seeing as thats what runs best in my bike. People can say what runs well in their bikes, spectro just runs well in mine. Anyway, i would just pull the plug out of the trans case on the right side of the bike, put in a premium grade trans oil, and vwalaa, now you know whats in there. They tend to shift alot nicer and stay a little cooler when youre not leaking shtuff all over either. best o luck

Top Bottom