kwaka-mad

Aug 12, 2008
hi im new to the forum so you will have to excuss me if you have read these before but here goes.i am looking to buy a kx85 for my son who is 12,he is about 5ft tall and of average build,what i want to know is which bike to go for the small wheel or the big wheel version,thanks ian :ride:

RideTilDie

Aug 1, 2008
hi ian,
im new to the forum to. i have a kx85 and it flies with me on it. Its a motocross bike so its gonna run big. My bike is a little bigger than my friends 125 yamaha ttr. So just know motocross runs big. A ttr 125 is a good starting bike. its not that fast and its fun. My kx85 beat my friends ttr in a race so just keep all of these things in mind. Good luck

May 10, 2007
just so ya know there are different types of bikes out there. there are motocross (MX) and there are off-road/trail bikes (ok there are more categories but those are the big ones).

MX bikes are very powerful and are made to be ridden on tracks with lots of jumps etc. off road bikes are (well tend to be) more mellow. they are made for riding through trails when a load of torque or power all at one time could be cause a problem instead of helping.

what you need to do is fill out the form at the top of this (the what bike should i get) forum. it will help us help you.

Top Bottom