Bread

Mar 1, 2002
I tried a search but could'nt find the answers I was looking for. A friend is working on his KDX, its a 95, we've got a rolling frame from a 93 KX 125. Trying to fit the KX forks into the DX we've found that the top stem bearings are different sizes, I think the KX was larger. Anyone have info on the fix for this? The only reasonable thing we could think of is trying to find a bearing with the proper ID and OD to make the KX front fit. Anyone do this before? Any suggestions?
Bread

Bread

Mar 1, 2002
Pressing the stem out seemed like a risky job, we've asked a Team Suzuki tech that we know and he feels that the risk of damaging the stem or clamp was too high. Fatty-K what's the best way to get a thread to Sage?

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Bread pressing the stem out shouldn't be any problem at all for a machinist or a millwright. Before you bother pressing them out be sure to measure the KDX stem and check if it will press into the KX bottom clamp or not. If not you'll need to decide whether to machine down the KX stem to fit the KDXs upper bearing, find an upper bearing that will accommodate the KX stem or make a sleeve/bushing for the bottom of the KDX stem so you can press it into the KX bottom clamp if its smaller.

Ever think about installing the KDX engine in the KX chassis?

Good luck,

David

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom