L@@K what I got today!

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
LooK what I got today!

So, you've got the RB Designs Carb Mod, but you just hate draggin' out that screwdriver every time you want to adjust the airscrew....?

Well, now you can put away that screwdriver for good! :thumb:
(well hopefully, as I have not tested it yet)

Attachments

• Proto-type.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
Who cares about the RB, just if you've got a PWK! Where did you find that lovely thing!

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002
Braahp said:
Is the head marked in some way?

It looks like its longer than the stock one so that the head sticks out and you can adjust it by hand instead of a screw driver.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Well.... On 2/26/04 I emailed Ron (RB DESIGNS) about if such a screw was possible...

Yesturday this showed up in my mailbox!

It's the first proto-type he made

I'm supposed to be testing it to see how it works....

But it was so darn perdy I just had to bring it to Show & Tell

He's gonna sell 'em for $20 including shipping

Attachments

• Head.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 153

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
It fits!

Wow, guess I did not wash my bike as good as I thought! :eek:

Attachments

• Thumbscrew.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 166
  • airscrew.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Methinks it could use some sort of nubbin so you could (maybe..have 1/2 a chance anyway) of FEELING 1/8 vs: 1/4 turn.

It's the prettiest part of your bike!

Too bad it's such a SMALL part! ;)

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
O.K. I'm calling Ron tonite and requesting a prototype to test as well. $20 sounds fair. I've lost at least 20 little screwdrivers out in the forest over time.
Wib, that frame is thrashed in your photo! No amount of washing is going to "clean" that up.

gwhII

Mar 31, 2003
I wished I would've know he was going to make those. I bought one of the blue Zip-ty screws the other day and just put it in last night. Oh well, I'm doing my part for keeping capitalism alive and well though the money is flowing the wrong direction. :-)

Best,
Greg

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
And it even works!

(That's a good thing!)

Used it yesterday on a 200exc 36mm RB modified carby. Also on wibby's bike. It was very nice being able to give the carb a quick tweak. Heck..you can do it on the fly!

I thought the screw due to weight might change position during the ride. It didn't budge.

An RB carb is NOT required. It will work in most any PWK. It comes with the additional spring. You use it in conjunction with the oem spring (they seat in two different places, both are required).

It IS a big advantage on an RB modified carb due to his tweaking of the pilot circuit that makes it actually DO something. The air screw adjustment is a big deal on one of his massaged carbs.

Yeah...I've lost more'n a couple screwdrivers myself.

Try one! You'll love it!!

Now then, about that inaccessible adjustment on the new crf200 fcr's...howzabout making a thumbscrew for those poor honda guys? :) I mean...gee! They are already spoilt rotten with an 'e' button. Might as well make carb adjustment a snap!!

Last edited:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
wibby said:
Yesturday this showed up in my mailbox!
I'm supposed to be testing it to see how it works....
[/b]

Hey wibby, this means that your a Factory rider now :yeehaw:

I have been looking at those blue ones but I'd rather buy from RB.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
I've wanted to do a paint job on the frame, but I'm not into missing any time in the seat for a little cosmetics!

I need all the riding time I can get! ('cuz I suck) :eek:

Speaking of riding....

Supposed to go riding with 'Carvr in the morning, but he never called to let me know where...

:whiner: :ohmy:

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Sleep is for people that don't ride GREEN bikes! :yeehaw:

Sheesh... still got a movie and a half to go! :eek:

Last edited:

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
I just recieved my RB carb " complete with handy dandy air screw' last week.
Only had time for one ride so far. Ron jets it pretty darn close so it's an --- out of the box just smack it in mod.
His air screw is the bomb. On route adjustments are great and no more lost screw drivers either.

What an incredible difference in 'under half throttle' performance.

Excellent workmanship. Highly recommended to all regardless of existing mods.

All I need now is a set of V-Force Delta II/III reeds and I've just about taken my hybird as far as I please. Well,,,,,,,,there is always porting,,,,,,,,errr and the 240 kit,,,,,,,,,hmmmmmm could always mod the squish band too............ahhhhh, the fun never ends.

Cheers.

Buc

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…