L@@K what I got today!

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Great to hear BucKat. I love the response from idle to 1/4 throttle. What a snap the girl has with this mod for sure.
You forgot one more mod: the EFM auto clutch. I am sending my clutch in on Monday after I remove it this weekend. My riding bud and I talked to Gary at EFM. What a fantastic guy he is!! He is going to make an auto clutch for my friend's KX500 next week as well. He has Cometec (sp?) make the spacer, so it may take a little longer to get it back. I'm almost as excited to ride a KX500 with an auto clutch as I am my own KDX.
Keep up the reports as you fine tune the jetting please.

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
Jetting........hmmmmmm,yes,what a diverse topic.
You have to jet not only for best engine performance but for surface conditions as well.

Jetting from Ron was 40 pilot,152 main,CEL#3.

I found the pilot too rich and drop'd down to a 38. Much cleaner but the transistion to the next clrcuit was too abrupt. The CEL would lean too rapidly 'this is where the diversity comes in' for the surface I was riding in. That beeing loose sandy type trails.

Installing the stock R1174K (BFQ #3) was much better but still a weeeee bit to lean comming off the pilot ( again,,,on the loose stuff ).The back end would snap out if I was even the least bit aggressive in the loose stuff. However,,,,,,on the harder packed trails this setup was very different. Excellent traction and very predictable.Crisp,clean and very sharp throttle response. Lofting the front over anything was very effortless and trusting.
Unfortunetly the day ended and so did the testing.
I perfer the 'B' series anyway and will try going down a half step on the clip thus resulting in a BEQ#3 or BFQ#3.5 or the stock #6 slide.
Thank goodness for JD's spread sheet.
Many more needles to try yet but so far the results are great. I hate to say it can't get any better but well..................we all know that game. ;)

I love the results of this carb mod and the money was well spent.

Buc

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…