larosche

Apr 20, 2000
Hey everyone,
Our club (North Alabama Trail Riders Association - NATRA) has leased land from International Paper -IP (was Champion Paper) for over 10 years.
We need some liability insurance to cover motorcycle riding. We can find Hunter's insurance anywhere, but IP wants motorcycle riding insurance.
I have checked with the AMA and their carriers. We can get event insurance without a problem, but we can't find anyone, anywhere, for ANY price to insure us and IP for liability.

Does anyone have ANY leads? We could loose our land lease if we cannot find liability insurance.

Please help!!
Ed Larosche
Prez, NATRA
(256) 880-6229
larosche@aol.com
http:\\natra.dirtrider.net

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
K & K ?

You can get a few companies to right specialty insurance but it is $$$$$$.Alot

Maybe you can have IP increase their Liability and at your club as additional insured...Your club pays the premium addition.

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
If you get any leads, let us know. My club is trying to get a lease on some land and we are having the same problem. We can find event insurance, but no general liability to cover just regular club riding. Keep us posted on your findings and if I come across something, I'll let you know as well.

Mark

Flyboy500

Mar 1, 2004
Contact Kyle Nost... He can be reached at Paragon Adventure Park... Sorry I don't have his phone number... The insurance issue is a killer of new(private owned) riding areas opening! We are going to an Attorney Monday AM to move foward with our OHV Park and Insurance is a Huge Problem! A lease is our only option also and I'm sure well be in the same boat.(Sinking)

Flyboy500

Mar 1, 2004
Insurance! Hope this helps...

Here is a insurance provider that just might be able to help.
Never expect rates to be cheap for an OHV Park!
The kicker is it's called event insurance so a 7 day operation is still out of the question! How about weekend events???
Good Luck!National OHV Insurance & Services Group, Inc.
(NOHVIS)
We can help you by providing:

OHV Insurance Services Consulting Services OHV Business Products
OHV Clubs
Special Events and Races
Parks and Trails
Group/Club Medical
Individual Accident or Medical
(Wisconsin Residents Only) Organize Clubs and State Associations
Secure Riding Areas
Workshops/Seminars
Public Relations
Self-supporting financial programs Affordable Medical Plans
Tax Savings Plans
Internet "Power Pages"
Demo unit liability protection for your employees
Long Distance Phone Services

We have many ways to help clubs, organizations and businesses.
Let over 20 years of OHV experience work for you!

"Working together to provide a positive future
for off-highway vehicle recreation"

Randy Harden, President
4422 N. 50th Street
Sheboygan, WI 53083
Phone: (920)-457-4141
Fax:(920)-485-7330
E-Mail: rharden@bytehead.com
Call Toll Free: 1-888-470-3966
24 Hour Hotline Service

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Many clubs are facing this issue. Event insurance (expensive) is still available, but General club liability insurance of this type just sort of dried up about two years ago. We’re hoping to see some more companies get back into this part of the business.

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
my club uses NOHVIS, w/good results. Randy is a great guy to work with. If I understand it correctly, we can get coverage of trail rides in conjunction with coverage of races. We don't have 24/7 coverage, we just use releases for that.

Flyboy500

Mar 1, 2004
Insurance for the lease is needed... No insurance no lease! Perhaps NOHVIS will make an attempt to add this type of insurance soon. At least that's what I hear.
Sure hope so! Gotta watch out for that 1 rotton egg that's always out there. Waivers don't always cut the Mustard.

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
lawman said:
my club uses NOHVIS, w/good results. Randy is a great guy to work with. If I understand it correctly, we can get coverage of trail rides in conjunction with coverage of races. We don't have 24/7 coverage, we just use releases for that.
Do I understand correctly that you don't get Club General Liability from NOHVIS, just race/event coverage?

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
Hey lorosche, It's my understanding that NATRA cut through some of that insurance red tape by calling themself a hunting/OHV club, right? Anyway, I rode some of the trails at Westpoint today and they were GREAT! I'm sending my check for membership in tomarrow. I live in Corinth, Ms. and we are hurting for any good riding areas around here, especiall with single track like you guys got over there. How does Westpoint rate compared to some of the other areas you show on your site. I want to try them all within a reasonable driving distance.

Brad

KTM-Lunatic

~SPONSOR~
Mar 2, 2000
You might want to contact Kevin W . He has a riding area in Liberty Ms he might be able to help with pointing you in the right direction

Flying W Trails
1870 TRASK RD
CENTERVILLE, MS 0

Mailing Address: 1870 Trask Rd
Centreville, MS 39631
Phone Numbers: 601-645-6055

Track Types: TRAILS
ATV
:

Description: Owned by Kevin Windham.
:

Top Bottom