Last night as a full time slacker.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
At 9am tomorrow I have to be at Corp Headquarters of Republic Airways to complete New Hire orientation.

I've been on "perm disability" since November of 2005, after my second surgery for Colon Cancer.

As of January 1st of this year the government deemed me healthy enough to return to the grindstone. Some have said how unjust it is that they did this. I was ready a year ago.

I finally got my doctor's approval back in early December.

When you consider that only 5% of the folks that have stage 4 colon cancer survive 5 years, it's a pretty huge deal for me to be going back to work full time.

I personally feel that motocross saved my life. I never rode an MX bike before my cancer. I started riding a couple months after my last round of Chemo. And since I had nothing else to do, I sort of immersed myself in it completely.

I don't know how or why, and don't really need to, but riding a bike as often as I could and being around the tracks gave me something to live for. I really believe in the power of positive thinking, and give credit to MX for giving me something to focus on other than the possibility that I'd die.

Here's to another 5 years cancer free!!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I'll take it 1 day at a time Bob.. 50 would be a little much though. If I could survive another 25 I'd be thrilled.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Way to go GARY!!!

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Great to hear! Tenacity is a great quality to posess. :cool:
good luck with your new job, Gary. :nod:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
WOW, I like that. one more reason to keep my bike FOREVER. :nod:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Go get'em Igor! ;)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
That's great! Ya know, you don't get old becuase you ride, you get old because you don't ride. :)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Good for you Gary. :cool: Good luck with the new job.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
:cool:

Too Cool my friend.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I'll be available Gomer..

First day out of the way, and it looks like its going to be a good place to continue my slacking career..

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
Great to hear Gary! I'm glad you have survived because it's great to know ya! cheers to many more years bro!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Excellent news!! All the best bro.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Gary, it looks like I'll be on the northeast side of town toward Fishers. I'll get there the evening of the 21st, work Tue-Thu, and fly home Friday.

Are you anywhere near there? Got any evenings free?

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
every day above ground is a good day, and bikes just make them better. You have proved that the answer is to never give up on the inside. Live each day like you stoll it, remember to thank the people who helped you and treat yourself to a new bike.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
High Lord Gomer said:
Gary, it looks like I'll be on the northeast side of town toward Fishers. I'll get there the evening of the 21st, work Tue-Thu, and fly home Friday.

Are you anywhere near there? Got any evenings free?

I'm on the west side.. About 20 miles or so from there.

Not sure what my schedule is going to be like. But I can sure see what's up and let you know.

And thanks everyone, yes, it's very good to be alive, even during a freakin ice storm

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom