Fund raiser for the cancer society

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Every year at the Aztalan Cycle Club in Lake Mills Wis we dedicate the October MX race (October 8, 2006) to club members Randy Schuessler and Gabe Leonard. Both of these two young men (both in their early 20's) were avid MX and flat track racers who shared all of our dreams of being the best every race were lost at a far to early age to Cancer.

Each year the club raises the entry gate fee $1 and then donates an equal share for the fund. There are also donation jars spread throughout the grounds for people to throw in anything they feel like. This is the second year that 2 club members Marshlynn 'MXGrandma' and 'Big John' Meehan have solicited a donation of a helmet and jersey which they then take to the outdoor nationals and collect rider signatures on each. These 2 items are then raffled off and all proceeds go to the American Cancer research fund- last season the raffle earned over $1000 and the club made donations of over $2400.
I should mention that Doug 'Chili' Engstrom of DRN won the helmet and in the true spirit of the intended use of the helmet he redonated it for a Canadian rider in need and raised further funds :cool: .

This season the helmet and jersey were donated by MOtosports Factory in Waukesha Wis.

Now down to the brass tacks I have the raffle tickets available at $5 each or 3 for $10 and anyone interested can purchase them either thru Paypal or mail me a check (dave Hollub 7205 Bergman Rd Sauk City, Wis 53583). My paypal address is dthollub<@>hughes.net (you all know to remove both the <>). If you want to take a chance for a great cause be sure to include your real (and screen) name, full mailing address, and a phone number. Also be sure to let me know if you want the ticket stubs mailed to you or if you want copies emailed.
You need not be present to win and if one of you wins I will be sure your prize is shipped to you. Also be sure to note if you have a preferance of the helmet or Jersey in case first drawn has a choice :nod:

Last edited:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Here is the list that signed it. I should soon have pictures available to post of the items

3 Mike Brown ________61 Clark Stiles
4 Ricky Carmichael ____65 Richie Owens
7 James Stewart ______90 Doug Dehaan
12 David Vuillemin_____ 93 Teddy Maier
13 Health Voss ________94 Brad Modjewski
14 Kevin Windham _____102 Chris Gosselaar
17 Robbie Reynard _____118 Davi Millsaps
22 Chad Reed _________122 Matt Walker
23 Kyle Lewis _________123 Brett Metcalfe
24 Josh Grant _________131 Jake Weimer
25 Nathan Ramsey _____142 Ryan Dungy
26 Mike Bryne _________161 Casey Clark
27 Nick Wey __________231 Brian (BJ) Burns
31 Jason Thomas ______256 Bryan Johnson
32 Ryan Clark _________278 Steven Stultz
35 Paul Carpenter _____294 Ryan Grantom
36 Ryan Sipes ________298 Ryan Haring
38 Jeff Dement _______316 Brandon Jones
40 Ryan Mills _________323 Troy Adams
42 Thomas Hahn ______350 Shaun Shinner
44 Justin Buckelew ____375 Josh Hill
47 Sean Collier _______424 Charles Castldo
48 Jeff Gibson ________480 Cory Green
49 Joe Oehlhof _______524 Brandon Butler
51 Ryan Villopoto ______577 Martin Davalos
53 Matt Goerke _______686 Josh Demuth
55 Joaquim Rodrigues ___800 Mike Alessi
60 Broc Hepler ________965 Antonio Balbi
971 Tyla Raltray

Rodger DeCoster Makita Suzuki Team Manager
Mitch Payton Pro Circuit Team Manager & Owner
'Big D' Donny Emler owner of FMF
'Little D' Donny Emler Manager of FMF
Danny LaPort past World Champion

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Some interesting stories occurred this year as the siganatures were being gathered.
David Vuillemin took it and made sure Voss and Reed both signed
Carmichael stopped mid interview and signed it because he remembered it from last year
The Honda truck driver took it around the Honda pits and collected signatures and only one rider was to busy to sign it (preston) unless it was brought back during the scheduled autograph session. Apparently Millsaps gave him a hard time about this but he still refused.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Done! I just PayPal'd you for 6 tickets.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Count me in. Paypal is one the way Dave.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
oldguy said:
last season the raffle earned over $1000 and the club made donations of over $2400.
I should mention that Doug 'Chili' Engstrom of DRN won the helmet and in the true spirit of the intended use of the helmet he redonated it for a Canadian rider in need and raised further funds :cool: .

That helmet was a really cool keepsake, I had planned to put it on a nice shelf for display in my computer room right next to the jersey that DRN members sent LazyBoy after we missed DW03. I'll be in for some tickets tonight when I get home Dave.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Paypal sent for 6 tickets Dave!!!

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
oldguy said:
Thank you
Do you have a paypal confirmation? nothing showing on my end as of yet

You know, I never did get a confirmation on that. I'll try sending it again!

Edit: I just re-sent it and it looks like it went through okay on my end!

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I'm down for 9! Good cause.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Just PP'd money for six tickets.

Top Bottom