_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
So my wife noticed that the can Pledge she was using to dust with said you could use it as a leather cleaner/protectant. Anybody use it? Seems like it would be pretty covenient but I don't want to hurt the couch, ya know? What do you guys use on your leather furniture?

Last edited:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Go online and look for Tack shops. Horsemen have some outstanding leather care products.

Long ago boots and riding gear used to be leather and these products really came in handy to maintain and clean the stuff. Without the Internet it was a lot tougher to find this stuff in Chicago, now it's a breeze.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Never tried it but it says
"Vinyl and Leather
For couches, chairs, seat covers, and more"
I don't think they would list them if it wasn't true?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Yeah, I grew up with horses so we used alot of saddle soap. I really have this subliminal hatred towards horses now so I avoid anything that has to do with them ,lol. Honestly it never really crossed my mind, I'll have to have my sissy grab me some next time she goes to the tack shop.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Sort of like using a crescent wrench IMO.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Rich Rohrich said:
Go online and look for Tack shops. Horsemen have some outstanding leather care products.

Lexol. That is what many use on saddles and boots. Great stuff for leather. It will recondition old leather. Most tack shops carry it.

Pledge also works good. My wife has been using that stuff for years on the interior of her cars and it works very good. Looks good and doesn't damage leather. Smells good too.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Thanks alot 89er, that's what I was lookin' for. The Mrs liked the idea because of the conveniance. She's a spray & wipe kinda girl, lol.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom