rybo3

Jun 13, 2002
had a chance to check out the new lem r3 today. it sure is a good looking bike, but i am wondering how come you don't see any out front at the big races. where does this bike fall off and the cobra's and polini's gain?

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
Well to start with its about 1HP off. also the clutch is very tought to master in the setup. it takes a lot of experimentation. Not sure where you race but at Loretta's there was only 1 Polini in the top 15 of the 7-8 class. Also Cobra had 12 out of the top 15 in 4-6 class. So comparing the Polini isn't quite fair. The KTM is faster and lighter than the Polini. The 03King is up on HP and has a better cooling system. The Cobra is the only bike with Major changes other than the 12" wheel which everyone did. I'm expecting a great year in 7-8 racing!!!

see http://www.peeweepowersports.com/Why Cobra.htm to see what I mean.

rybo3

Jun 13, 2002
thanks jasle. i don't really know anything bout the 50c racing scene. and i guess you were right. not to much other than cobra on top.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
It sorta depends on your local dealer. there are markets out there where the Polini kicks butt. Usually because a dealer is good at servicing their bikes and supporting the racer. If you were going to race and there wasn't a Cobra dealer around but there was a Polini dealer I'd probably reccomend going with Polini unless you feel your kid could compete at a national level. For local racing the Polini, KTM, Cobra, LEM R3 will all do a pretty good job.

Top Bottom