Lets get together in NC!

TheJeStEr

Dec 16, 2002
Hey, is there anyoen otu there in NC that is willign to get together at a track aroudn here? Maybe for the weekend, and maybe somewhere that has a track and Trails. If anyoen wants to do this, we can set up a date and do this, my SN is XtheDarkJeSTerX@aol.com just drp me a line and maybe we can set somethign up!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
You're only about 1/2 hour from Sanford...I think they're having a race this weekend.

If you want to just ride, some of the NC folks are coming down to TNT Saturday.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Jester,
There is a new track up off of 401N. I'm going to try this place out within the next few weeks, have heard good thing about it.

This from a friend:
Click the sig line below and look for my bikes or send me a message and we'll try to meet up.

Hopefully if everything works out, within about a year Raleigh is going to have a premier indoor track open 12+ hours every day.

ocechap

~SPONSOR~
Sep 12, 2002
How about meeting at the sand pits south of Sanford. I am from Sanford. I used to live in Carthage and we could ride for miles and miles there. Never knew how good I had it back then. I'll have get that way, parents still live there, and check the trails in Carthage again. There were a couple of good hills and a firetower area that had a pseudo track. If it's not overgrown and I can find the trails again, it would be fun.

Jim

Jumbo

Oct 10, 2001
I ride with a group (10-15)of Raleigh area (mostly trail riders) guys. we are always looking for places to ride and people to ride with. we would be game.

scotth

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
Dave,

Can you elaborate on any details about this indoor track, when, where, who’s building it?

Thanks
Scott

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Scott, not yet. I know that's not the answer you are looking for but there are a lot of variables that are emotive to the whole deal. I can say this, if city leaders would open their eyes and look at what investors are trying to do to help our community and its tax base things would move a lot faster.

scotth

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
Dave,

Thanks for the reply, let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
I believe there are great many people in the area that would like this project to succeed.

Thanks
Scott

davearm

Mar 29, 2000
Dave,

Please keepe informed of the indoor project as well. If there is anything that we Raleigh area riders can do to help, just speak up.

Dave A.
raleigh

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Originally posted by ocechap
I am from Sanford.
Jim
Notice he said he was from Sanford, not that he grew up in Sanford.  His wife said she's still waiting on the "growing up" part! :p

ocechap

~SPONSOR~
Sep 12, 2002
Yeah, you got that part right for sure! I might be grown up by the time I'm lying in the casket! ;)

RickinNC

Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by Jumbo
I ride with a group (10-15)of Raleigh area (mostly trail riders) guys. we are always looking for places to ride and people to ride with. we would be game.
Hey Jumbo, I tried to PM you but it wouldn't allow me to. I'm in Middlesex, (actually just past Zebulon) and have about a 7 mile loop of single track behind me. It staying pretty muddy though... I ride with a bunch of guys up in Oxford and in Durham, and sometimes up at Kerr Lake. Maybe we could get together some time.
Rick

1999 KTM300MXC
1998 YZ80 (son's)

Jumbo

Oct 10, 2001
Hey RickinNC
Sorry for the delay. i have be out of the loop. I cant PM you either, most likly operator error in my case. We have been riding lately but hope to change that soon. There is some discussion about renting out Devils Ridge but we haven't committed to a plan yet. Maybe a trip to Brown Mountian this Spring or early summer. always looking for some local riding.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Went to Massey's MX track on Saturday. It was ok for a private track.
Cost was actually $10.00! Met the owner. Tim Massey, nice guy.
Call first as he is having some issues with Wake Co. and may not be open next weekend.
669-2958
Actual directions:
Beltline to the Capital Blvd North exit.
Take capitol to the 401 split.
401 north for 6 miles, cross the Neuse river.
After the bridge, take a right on Mitchell Mill road and follow for three miles.
Take a right on Peebles road and follow for one mile.
Turn left onto Esmond pond road. (dirt road) follow to the right.

All us Raleigh guys should get together one day.

Scott, Dave,
Thanks guys. I'll let you know if there is a push in one area or another we could use. As it stands now the building that was to become vacantm may not... :| Darn K-mart. But we are looking at other areas.

Last edited:

James Miller

Jul 26, 2002
I posted a thread about going to buckleberry lakes. If anyone is interested, my dad and I are going THIS SATURDAY.

James

RickinNC

Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by Jumbo

. Maybe a trip to Brown Mountian this Spring or early summer. always looking for some local riding.
Hey Jumbo,
A few of us will be at Brown Mtn. April 23-27th... maybe we'll see ya there. We rode this past weekend but it's very muddy where I was ridin. I'de love to find something dry for this weekend...One of our other spots is messed up from ice storm.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
A few of us will be at Brown Mtn. April 23-27th...
Sounds like a plan. I might be able to get away that weekend. My fiance has been wanting to go up there for a while now. Rick,Jumbo we'll try to catch up w/ya'll once the time draws a little more near. :thumb:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Rick, if you're looking for dry ground, what James Miller described as sand pits should handle any water well. Looks like Bucklebrry should be close for you, too!

James Miller

Jul 26, 2002
Buckleberry is near smithfield. Dad and I decided to go ahead and head out tomarrow, in hopes that there wouldn't be as many people as last time.

James

max621

Jul 12, 2002
Hey Whyzee, I'll also help if you need any assistance on opening an indoor facility. Not sure what I could help with, but post something if you do. Not above manual labor if needed. I've often thought an indoor track in Raleigh could do real well. Mainly because there aren't many tracks around this area. Wake Co. is a real pain in the butt when it comes to these things. I'm not surprised Tim is having problems. Hopefully he will be able to work it out. I just wish he'd put in some bigger jumps, etc.

mliebal

Nov 12, 2001
What are the directions to get to Buckleberry??
Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks!

Mike

James Miller

Jul 26, 2002
http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?threadid=30117&highlight=buckleberry+smithfield

Sorry mike, This is all I know. I'm going to the honda dealer this morning for riding pants and to get directions because I lost my other directions. You can have our cell phone number if you want it. It is: 919-696-6499 We are heading out the door right now.

James

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…