Let's ride Muenster!

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Any Dallas-area riders out there going to Muenster Saturday? It's always fun to ride with new people (if they're not to stinkin' fast). My son rides a KTM 200 and I'm on a 300, and we like to ride pretty much all the trails out there.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I'm game!

If I can get a kitchen pass I'd like to go. Been way to busy since DW01 and the shoddy grove boys only ride on Sunday morn. I think they do that on purpose just to exclude me.:think

WARNING: I'm not much of a trail rider! Come to think of it, I'm not much of ANY kind of rider. :think

In the words of Haley Jo Osmont in the movie A.I. "I'm a spode!" or was that something else...:confused:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Great, Slo' Mo! Actually, I can ride pretty fast--for about fifty yards, when I become completely exhausted and everbody's sister passes me (take it easy, ladies, only kidding; we're all Americans here). :p

We haul a black open trailer with a big, white Chevy high-top van with a broken windshield courtesy of a crazy woman who tried to pass me on the median of I-5 and succeeded only in raising a hail of pretty good-sized rocks, throwing it sideways directly in front of me at 80 mph, and spinning off into the median again just before I hit her. :eek:

We usually try to park about halfway between the gate and the sand pit, under the lone tree on the left, right before the left turn. We'll try to get there about 9 a.m. That way I can get right into utter exhaustion by noon, arm pump by 1, and leg cramps by 2. It's more efficient.

What about you? When you wanna get there?

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Me and my dad will be at Muenster the weekend of October 13 and 14.

TexXR

Jul 14, 2000
I'll be there this weekend but will be spending most of my time working on the trails, getting them ready for the enduro that will be held there on Nov. 4. I usually park down by the pumpjack at the edge of the creek.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I'm planning to ride the enduro Nov. 4. Haven't made up my mind about the GP on the 3rd. We've been following the ribbons around the course for a while, and I'm assuming it's just roughed in right now. We'll stop in and say hello if we see you there.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Looks like great weather for Saturday--72 degrees and partly cloudy. Should be almost perfect. Texas is great this time of year. :D

kingriz1

Aug 2, 2001
Hi,

I am new. Can someone give me directions to meunster?

I would really appreciate it. I am new, ride a 125 and I am SLOW!

It would be nice to know someone else is out there just in case I eat it bad.

Sincerley,

Riz

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Sure, Kingriz1, it's easy. Fastest way is north on I-35 to Gainesville, the Highway 82 exit. Then go west (left) about 13 miles on 82 to Muenster. Turn north (right) at the first traffic light in town, and go past the water tower. The road splits there, but just stay on the main portion and bear to your left. You'll go about 15 miles total from the stoplight in town, and you'll see the park on your right. There's a green metal gate and a trailer. Just give them $8 and sign the "don't sue me" paper, and you're in for some great riding. There's everything from beginner trails to seriously gnarly stuff back in the deep woods. We'll be there; look for the white Chevy high-top conversion van and a black open trailer. We're on KTMs.

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
Sure, Kingriz1, it's easy. Fastest way is north on I-35 to Gainesville, the Highway 82 exit. Then go west (left) about 13 miles on 82 to Muenster. Turn north (right) at the first traffic light in town,

The ONLY stop light in Muenster :)

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Yeah, that's right. :D And when you're in beautiful downtown Muenster, be sure to check out the two great German restaurants, Rohmer's and The Center. The Center has a better salad bar, but Rohmer's makes fantastic desserts. Both serve great schnitzel and wurst. Not a bad finish for a day's riding.

kingriz1

Aug 2, 2001
Are there a lot of rednecks? I am a brown american dont want to get strung up.:D

Thanks for the info.

Have you guys ever rode in Grapevine? The corp of engineers place?

Sincerely,

Riz

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I don't think that you have to worry a bit. Everybody I have met in town and up at the park is extremely nice. The rednecks usually ride the ATVs with the cooler on the back and no helmet. They're usually stuck in the mud most of the time and don't give much trouble. :p Actually, most of those guys are pretty nice, too. They've helped me out a time or two when I was (ahem) stuck in the mud or broken down (very rarely, OK?). :silly:

I don't think you'd be disappointed. Look me up if you go up this Saturday or Monday. An American is an American, as far as I'm concerned, and we're all brothers. :)

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I'm out for this weekend! Kitchen pass revoked because the wife had plans to take the kids to the fair. Next weekend may be a possibility.

Originally posted by kingriz1
Are there a lot of rednecks? I am a brown american dont want to get strung up.:D

Riz

Riz, this is Texas. You can't avoid them, :silly: If you live in Texas you are part redneck. But if you are with DRN'ers you are among family.:)

kingriz1

Aug 2, 2001
Thanks guys,

By the way I am more than part redneck. I have 2 dogs and 2 horses. One is a pack animal for the beer!

Sincerely,

Riz

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…