Hey JP.

Good to see ya on the forum. :cool:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
I will second the, what was the 1/4 mile time?

In 1979 it ran a traction limited best ET of about 9.96 and regularly had trap speeds in the 147-149 range. That trap speed should have put the ET in the 9.10 - 9.25 range but it had a stock swingarm and the stock 3.5" rear wheel, so the 60 foot times were pretty unimpressive. I ran it with stock wheels and the stock steel fenders and to make it a more of a sleeper on the street. Thirty years later you could walk into a Suzuki dealer and buy a Hayabusa with 500cc more displacement that would do a 9.96 ET off the showroom floor and get good mileage doing it.

In 1978 a stock GS750 was good for about a 12.60 ET at about 109 mph, the stock GS750 with the standard ATP turbo kit did an 11.55 ET with a trap speed of about 126, and the numbers above were the final version with LOTS of flow bench time spent reworking the cylinder head and the intake manifold, stock cams and low compression 870 forged pistons.

For an air cooled motor that only made about 65 rear wheel horsepower stock, it made a pretty good showing for itself back then, and it could still probably hold it's own today.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Bob - To be accurate I was 21, but thanks for the compliment either way.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Patman's
DSC00021.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

Brandonwho's
DSC00002.jpg

fordmugg

Jan 30, 2010
:whoa: at first glance it almost looked like the truck exhaust behind the cr was comming out of the cr ....i was like huh :ohmy:
it was funny

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Well I'm not a professional picture taker-er. It is amusing now that somebody pointed it out though. Especially since it's got a FMF shorty on it that is just a hair longer than the side plate.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Something about a red vette makes me.......:laugh:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
1998RM250 this is the bike of all the queries? Nice bike, whats your sag and static sag on the shock? Pat, nice bikes, and pics! The CR got the pipe perfect! That XR looks pretty mean, except the kick stand on a crate? Show 98 pics of the Miata? 40' race, bring the title. Vintage Bob

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Well Bob I had it on the stand for the pics. With the KX fork being longer than the stock XR I had Jeremy extend the rear shock a bit so it wasn't a chopper. That of course makes the kickstand a bit short, it works on the trail but I try to deploy it on the up hill side when possible :) The chick car is long gone, got bored with it and now have an Audi TT for my driver.

lake

Oct 30, 2008
Nice cr Patman. By the way where did you get the graphic kit for it. I've been looking all over for a nice set of 00-01 cr graphics and can't find any.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
It's my son's CR. It came that way, actually that's the day we picked it up. I've got a new model tank for it that will allow me to fab a couple of tabs and then use MY'02 and up plastic so we can get some different graphics. I really like that bike! It's a 134cc that was "running bad". The stock reeds were shot and the jetting came from "some Internet site" the PO visited. We added a VForce3 reed block and JD Jetting kit to it and it runs clean and crisp now :) Not a bad straight trade for a CR85 that he had outgrown.

lake

Oct 30, 2008
Definatly not a bad trade. So if i wanted to put 02+ plastics i'd have ot get a newer tank, but what do you mean by make up some tabs for it?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The mounting points on the frame are a bit different where the radiator shrounds bolt on. I haven't messed with it yet since the current graphics are OK. He did manage to tear the front number plate off when he ran over himself last summer so maybe it's time to look in to a new look for spring. I figure some aluminum and a few bend and holes might have everything lined up. Worst case I have to melt some aluminum aluminum to mount the tabs directly to the frame. Once I do it I'll post what's involved.

brad m

Oct 2, 2009
Can't Wait

Like it says. Can't wait for for the ice and standing water to go away. Also mud holes to dry up. I'am looking at the big every day and it hurts every day. Also what are you guys riding for bikes, lets see some pics.

Mine is a 2006 CRF250X and my 4 year old son is on a 2006 jr50.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom