huffduf41

Jul 18, 2002
David:

Looking at building one of your stands for my buddy's birthday present. Anyway curious if you have to grind down the stand part for the lift part to slide over or how exactly how that works.

Thanks

Dustin

huffduf41

Jul 18, 2002
Will your height work for a 99' YZ 125? I'll settle for a guesstimate--rather than ruin the supprise & going over and measuring his bike.

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Not sure I understand the question but I’ll butt in with the suggestion that you make all the pivots on both sides rather than just one as shown & run washers to reduce friction.

Also the foot lever can stand to be lengthened a good foot to make it easier to lift though you will have to put an angle so the extension doesn’t hit the ground.

huffduf41

Jul 18, 2002
My question is on your prints you have a 1.5" square tubing sliding over 1.5" square tubing.....? oh yeah & do you think your height will work for a 99 YZ 125?

Thanks in advance-Dustin

Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
Hey David. It was probably you, but I seem to remember someone posting a link on here that outlined the whole construction process of the "lift stand". If it was you, could you please post it agian?

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
My question is on your prints you have a 1.5" square tubing sliding over 1.5" square tubing.....? oh yeah & do you think your height will work for a 99 YZ 125?

Check the drawing again and you'll see that the lift uses 1.5" i.d. and the stand 1.5 o.d. so they should slide over each other no problem. If you're concerned just test fit the pieces at the store. You can go with a looser fit than that no problem just don’t go so loose that the stand/bike rocks back and forth.

Not to worry too much about friction or ease of lifting with the design it works well. A longer lifting arm could be used but like Dave said be sure to reangle it as well or you'll end up hitting the floor before you get the lift high enough to lock in place. Even though the lever is on an awkward angle during the initial part of the lift is quite easy because you're only taking the weight off the suspension at first. The same when the bike is lowered. People have asked if it wont come crashing down, no the bikes got suspension.

Don't hesitate to place a washer on each side of the pivot points. It will make it easier to lift as David mentioned. That's a detail I forgot to add but is something I’ve done.

Ya it'll lift an MX bike of the ground no problem. To get the maximum amount of lift measure the clearance under the frame and adjust the height of the lift diagram to meet your needs. This design will lift a KX250 off the ground so the YZ125 shouldn’t be a problem but its worth double checking and lengthening the lift ( page 3 of 3) to maximize your lifting height.

You don’t have to follow the plans exactly, you can change the size of the materials no problem. Don’t hesitate to use 2” o.d./i.d. material and 3/4inch square material for the leg or what have you. The important part is the location and length of the link.

If you need a total height let me know and I'll check my YZ250 .

Houndog

~SPONSOR~
Oct 11, 2002
I made one a couple of weeks ago from Dave's design, works great!

Attachments

• img_1305_std.jpg
    img_1305_std.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 386

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
My wife made me one last year for my birthday. She went and had the top plate (that the bike rests on) and had it coated by our local RhinoCoat spray on bed liner shop. :cool: Worked out great.

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Must get around to screwing some chunky rubber down to the top. Thin rubber with glue just gets twisted off & it is a little slippery with just metal.

Maybe next year. ;)

Top Bottom