W.P.EXC

Nov 30, 2000
A friend and I were riding yesterday on rainbow trail near Salida (Colorado). A storm was brewing but we thought we saw the worst of it go by. We broke out of the timber on this great single track across the side of the mountain. My buddy stopped and turned around to talk to me and check out the view when out of nowhere a flash of light and a roar of thunder shook our bodies. This lightning was close! We dropped our bikes right there on the trail and took for cover. This scared the **** out of me! We sat awhile to be sure the lightning was gone and b-lined for the truck, the short ride back was tense and I was extremely nervous, every opening out of the trees we were both on the pipe!

Any good lightning stories out there? This was the closest I've come and I don't care to see it again. I was honestly thankful to still be alive. Colorado puts out some killer lightning in the mountains, alot of fourteeners I've climbed have plaque's somewhere on the trail stating were someone was struck and killed. I'll quit rambling now.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Golfers always hold a 1 iron up in the air during a lightning storm.
Not even God can hit a 1 iron!

:p

Top Bottom