Little help please, looking to buy XR-250

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
for my teenage son. also I like to be able to ride it my self. here's my question. you can use xr 400 spring's on kdx's. can you use kdx spring's on xr-250's, as I have a spare set of KDX race tech spring's for my son's weight I did a search and and found a ton of xr-250 stuff, but no info on my question. thank you very much. :confused:

Last edited:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
XR250 has 41mm Kayaba forks, XR400 has 43mm Showa forks, and KDX 200 has 43mm Kayaba? forks.

So while I don't actually know the answer to your questions I would say you cannot use the KDX springs in an XR250. But, you might be able to use the XR400 springs in the KDX.

I bet if you ask Jer in the suspension forum he'll know.

Sheesh I've had to edit this post three times and I'm still not sure I said what I meant. :confused:

Last edited:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
XR 400 spring's :thumb: are the trick for kdx's! ya, I might run it past jermy forum. after the XR people advise. :worship: :thumb:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Oh brother. My reading comprension is at an all time low. Guess I'll have to take that Evelyn Woodhead sped redin refresher course. :) I see from your original post that you already knew that the XR400 sproings will work in a KDX. :confused:

Even though I can't read too good, I still don't think the KDX schpringens are gonna fit down the hole of the XR250 forks. I'm going back to bed.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…