Oct 23, 2005
Hey all, I have a xr 250 that has a duel exhaust coming out of the cylinder head. ( Sorry if Iim using the wrong terms, im not much of a tech). Well anyway, one of the points were the exhaust connects to the cylinder head has a HUGE leak, the gasket fell out and ive been trying to use exhaust putty for a while and its not working... Well my question was when the gaskets are installed again, How much more power will i get from my bike, I never rode the bike with a tight seal on that exhaust. Will I notice a small or significant change is speed, power, anything else? Sorry im not much of a tech and know a small deal about engines, I would assume it would gain some power but thats why im askin u guys. Thanks, :)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Other than the noise factor, I doubt if you will notice much difference. I wouldn't run it that way though.

Just my $ .02

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
paintbller8000 said:
What damage would be caused if i ran it that way for a few months of weekend riding?

You are only talking about replacing a couple of copper o-rings. Will probably cost a couple of dollars each and take about one hour to install, if you really take your time. Why not just fix it right and not have to worry about it.

I would not run it like that. Hot exhaust valves don't like cold air.

Top Bottom