High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
How/where do you mount those flags?

Do they realy make a difference in your visibility? It seems like once you see the flag coming over a hill, you'll see the helmet .001 seconds later, so why bother?

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
How/where do you mount those flags?

There are a variety of ways to mount them. Some people put them behind their number plate- annoying I would think, some mount to the rear axle-whip around in the whoops, and others mount to the silencer-my favorite way of doing it.

Do they really make a difference in your visibility? It seems like once you see the flag coming over a hill, you'll see the helmet .001 seconds later, so why bother?
In certain situations they do help but if two people are coming straight at each other from opposite ways forget it. This is where using a spotter is a great idea. Just take turns setting at the top of a dune while others jump so that you can wave them off if someone is coming from the other way. At Little Sahara flags are required, helmets are not! Go figure. Blew my mind how many people you saw flying around without a thing on their mellon other than their own hair. The majority of them had more than two wheels if you know what I mean.

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
the only time i didnt wear a helmet was on Potty Excursions on the craptor(yamaha raptor, the official bathroom-buggy. :uh: ) and only puttin' around at about 1st gear idle... other than that, i was blasting around on the bike, tested our friend's bikes with "training wheels" *caugh* *caugh* banshee,blaster, raptor, and my dad's z400. at the dunes, i preferred both, extra wheels and two, mostly cause my two didnt have the power to climb a dune without flying at it in 5th wide opens, motor boggs down, downshift, motor bogs down, repeat until at summit :) actually, there were some pretty good jumps, and i piloted my tt-r to hights of 20' above the dune on one jump, and then on another 65'+ distance. :eek:

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
oh and i even jumped the 4's. the dunes have very flat and *w i d e* launch areas. one of our friends was jumping close to 70' on his banshee...:eek:

Top Bottom