LawDog101

Sep 24, 2002
Jordan Miller #821 was injured today (1-24-04) at Nocona MX. He went over the bars on the finish line jump and the bike landed on him. He was transported to the hospital in Wichita Falls Texas with internal bleeding and internal organ damage. I spoke with his father, Ronnie tonight and he says that things do not look good. He lost a lot of blood internally and has internal damage. Please pray for Jordan and his family. Thank you.

You guys may not know Jordan, but that is OK, your prayers and welcome.

James Stainton

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Hang in there Jordon! Prayers on the way.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I hope he is OK. I hate to hear of an injured rider.

I gotta say it, that finish line jump out there gives me fits. The landing is steep and short. Come up 6" short and you are over the bars. Go too long and you are stuffing it into the take-off of the jump right after it. I have never been comfortable on that one...

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I have way too much woods in me to enjoy that track.

I prefer flying to jumping.

Keetoman

Mar 16, 2003
I'm with Tony. I broke my back (L1 & L2) there last year at Nocona. It wasn't on the finish line jump though. It was on one of those high banked 90 deg bermed turns. You know the ones that have a straight drop off the back side? Never try a forward flip off one of those! I think I'll stick to the woods.

Any word on how jordon is doing?

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Said a prayer.

Track designers need to be MUCH more safety conscious. There are some track flaws that even the best safety gear cannot protect against...

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
joereitman said:
Said a prayer.

Track designers need to be MUCH more safety conscious. There are some track flaws that even the best safety gear cannot protect against...

joe: Keetoman and I tossed a few emails back and forth about this very issue. Track owners need to look closely at their track configurations. If we (enthusiasts) don't solve the problem, attorneys will do it for us, and that, my friend, we DO NOT want.

James: Don't take this as a shot at you, I'm referring to the likes of Walter Umphrey and others that have gotten very rich by taking down corporations in the humble name of their "clients" they milked for every cent that they could.

Also, are there any updates on Jordan?

LawDog101

Sep 24, 2002
Update

I talked to Jordan's mother today and he is able to maintain his own blood pressure without medication. But, it is hour to hour right now. He made it through emergency surgery to repair a main artery as well as internal damage. The worst is over. Now he has to heal himself. He has been given several transfusions of blood and continues to need prayers.

As far as your comments on track design, there is nothing wrong with this particular jump at Nocona. I (+25) was doing it as well as many others. He just got a bit out of shape and lost it. I have certain issues with track design but not in this case. Please do not turn this into a track design problem. There were no flaws here. This jump has been there forever with no more problems than any other jump (or berm). This is the game we play. There are hazards, but falling down is part of MX. Just b/c you fall on a jump or berm does not mean the track is flawed. THIS is the mentality that we need to git rid of. THAT mentality from people is that one that hires the lawyer. It really gets me steamed when people automatically think that just b/c there was a serious injury that the track had something to do with it. What if he was hurt in the woods by hitting a tree. Are you going to complain that the landowner should make safer trails in the woods?

Be sure you know what you are talking about when you mention Walter Umphrey and the like. I was at Baylor when all of this went down. I have seen the paperwork that went on with that case. You need to understand the magnitude of the things that the tobacco industry was doing to get kids addicted to cigarrettes and has been doing for years. Also, they had consciously hid the dangers (beyond just lung cancer, etc.) like the addictivity level in children. They were wrong just like any corporation and they got tagged. Remember, that case SETTLED. The tobacco industry could have fought it to the end, but they opted to cut their losses and run.

James

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I agree that this should not turn this into a discussion about track design, that being said, we can police ourselves or others will. There was only one accident in the woods the last two years of DW (my broken foot :confused: ), all the rest were on the track. Injuries attract ambulances which are often followed by attorneys more interested in lining their pockets than contributing to a safer environment for the sport. Closing a track because you were bankrupt by a lawsuit does not help the sport. Never mind all the bad press.

re Walter, I have had a few dealings with the man I care not to discuss publically.

I am glad Jordon is doing better.

Rebel MX

Oct 4, 2003
ive been trying to keep up with how he was doing since my step dad told me about him.im praying for him hope he pulls through.

Last edited:

Keetoman

Mar 16, 2003
Oh, and btw Lawdog, in no way was my injury casued by the track. It was caused by rider error but then again, isn't every crash caused by rider error?

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I read today that he was pronounced braindead this morning and just saw a post that stated he had died. So sad indeed! My heart goes out to the friends & family. :ugg:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
May God bless and keep you Jordon.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I've been avoiding this thread for this very reason.
Godspeed.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Okiewan said:
I've been avoiding this thread for this very reason.
Godspeed.

Same here. So sad to here this, though I already read about this on the TCCRA board. The way I see it, I'd rather go out on a motorcycle than in a car wreck or something else of that sort.

Godspeed.

Keetoman

Mar 16, 2003
Just an FYI on this subject. The memorial race will be held for him this weekend at Nocona. i believe it is on Sunday for those of you that wish to participate. Supposed to be a live band there also but with the rain cming, it may hamper their efforts a little.

Keith

Top Bottom