DRN member needs your thoughts and prayers

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
A good friend of mine, Mark Shuler, was severely injured today while racing the GNCC Harescramble event in NC. He was life flighted out after sustaining a neck injury as a result of going over the bars. He is currently experiencing partial paralysis in his hands and has no feeling in his legs. They were taking him to the MRI when I spoke to another buddy that is with him (Stumpy) just a few minutes ago.

I pray the paralysis is only temporary. Your thoughts and prayers are certainly appreciated.

Scott

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Same here. I wish the best and keep us up-dated.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Thanks guys, I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers as I’m sure his family does.

The MRI revealed a broken 5th vertebra, however, the hospital staff would not reveal anything further until his parents get there. I intend to leave in the morning to go see him and I’ll post updates as I am able.

Thanks Again,
Scott

Carp824

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2002
I saw your friend wreck today. I was about 50 foot away from were he wrecked. It looked like his front wheel got caught in a rut and he went over the handlebars. It was a very scary crash. I was telling my wife when I got home that I would like to know how he was doing.

Our family will pray for him. Please keep us up to date on how he is doing.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Scott, I am very sorry to hear about your friend my prayers will be with him and you tonight!!. HEAD UP !!!!!!!!!!!!.

KEITH

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
He is going in for surgery this morning to replace the vertebra and we are hopeful this will reduce pressure on his spinal column. I’ll keep you posted on his progress.

The support here is always outstanding and thank you again.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I will definately say a prayer for him. Keep us updated. I pray all goes well.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Praying for him.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Our prayers are with him.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
bscottr.

Hope all turns out well with your friend.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Prayers and positive thoughts go out for him and his family!

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
My prayers are with him.............................

Mully

Top Bottom